Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP me choose a good printer, and get back to Printing Bliss! smiling smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by macsoft 
HELP me choose a good printer, and get back to Printing Bliss! smiling smileysmiling bouncing smiley
January 05, 2015 10:42PM
Well I finnally got some time to try to revive my Prusa.
I had it sit quietlly for about 3, 4 years now.
I didn't even reminded what was wrong with it, and why I've stopped using it.
I have less and less time, and after 4 hours trying to get it to work, I just can't seam to get the Z axis to work properly.
So.. I dont have time to work on the printer, and I need to buy a kit I can trust.
I see we have and i3 Prusa now.. mine is just a first Gen.

WHAT DO I NEED:
- I need a kit or readymade printer I can trust for good prints with minimal maitenace.
- I need it to ship from Europe (I'm in Portugal).
- I need the most reliable hothend and extruder combination.
- I know the RepRap community is proud of printers made from parts printed themselves with 3D printers.. I dont really care about that part. I need sturdy parts on a sturdy and reliable printer, so id a model as less printed parts and its more reliable, then I would go for that.

Can the RepRap Gurus help me get back in the Printing Bliss? smiling smiley
Thank you!
M.
Re: HELP me choose a good printer, and get back to Printing Bliss! smiling smileysmiling bouncing smiley
January 06, 2015 05:26AM
Hi,

Maybe you can checkout Mendel90 from Nophead. Seems to be a good kit.
I have bought the Prusai3 from reprapworld. I had some issue's with the printed parts, but they did send me some better replacements after I contacted them.

Good luck with your choice!
Re: HELP me choose a good printer, and get back to Printing Bliss! smiling smileysmiling bouncing smiley
January 06, 2015 08:09AM
Is Mendel90 a good choice? It has too many printed parts and the dev post seams like an year old..Isn't the i3 more recent?

The 3dlabtek i3 has more aluminum parts.. I'm leaning on that one, Any happy customers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 08:30AM by macsoft.
January 06, 2015 02:01PM
3dlabtek is a good printer, good quality and good service.
Take also a look at this one from spain. [www.3dprinters-shop.com]
January 06, 2015 02:32PM
Thanks Gforce1, the spanish printer is way cheaper, and since its much closer to me (Portugal) it will probably ship faster.
Any reviews on their printers? as being so much cheaper, do I loose some quality?
January 07, 2015 03:30AM
I have built an Ormerod and a Mini Kossel, both from kits. See my comparative review at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]. The Ormerod kit should be available from RS Components in Portugal (any spare parts you need will come from RepRapPro in the UK) and the Mini Kossel kit is available from T3P3 in the UK.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 07, 2015 04:18AM
I have a Mendel90 from Nophead's kit. He is active on the forum providing support - the Mendel90 has its own subforum.
If you want to go for an i3 then this one looks more robust than most:
[createc3d.com]
January 09, 2015 05:05PM
I recently bought an i3 from db ---- [www.bq.com]

I believe they are in Spain.

Great price and it's working really well - great instructions and support. Cost £400.

I'm new to 3D printing but it has met all my expectations
January 09, 2015 05:06PM
... i meant to say 'bq' not 'db'
January 09, 2015 06:55PM
the spanish site prices wore before taxes, so the prices got very similar, and I prefered the frame on the 3dlabtek printer and ordered there.
Thanks everybody
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login