Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3D - Who designed the Screw down Thermistor?

Posted by Ikiwi 
E3D - Who designed the Screw down Thermistor?
January 10, 2015 05:07PM
Hello,

As you already know the new generation of E3D has a very nice solution for screwing down the feet of the thermistor.

I once red, that this was developed by somebody from this comunity.

Since we want to produce our own Hot-End (using this feature), we would like to get in touch with designer.

Also we want to make some changes and and discuss them with him and compensate for using this idea.

So may the the person please step forward? winking smiley

Or if anybody knows where i can find him.

Sincerly
Ikiwi
Re: E3D - Who designed the Screw down Thermistor?
January 13, 2015 02:30PM
I'm not sure that using a screw to hold something down counts as "developing".
January 13, 2015 03:24PM

Pretty much the above. I am the one who came up with the idea when we implemented at E3D, but I don't know that we were the first to do so. Probably not.
January 13, 2015 06:29PM
SanjayM

Pretty much the above. I am the one who came up with the idea when we implemented at E3D, but I don't know that we were the first to do so. Probably not.

the idea has been around for a while, and a couple of the very small fly by night hotend producers did use the system before i even started producing the Aluhotend, i'm switching to it myself as it seems to be the demanded thing atm, the only problem with this system is that some heater cartridges will need a bit of help getting inserted due to them not necessarily being 'round"

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

January 14, 2015 02:58PM
cdru

Does this mean my patent for a device to translate torsional force tangental to a plane into a strong purchase capable of restraining materials is likely invalid?

Bugger.
January 15, 2015 08:19AM
UkIan
cdru

Does this mean my patent for a device to translate torsional force tangental to a plane into a strong purchase capable of restraining materials is likely invalid?

Bugger.

Well, a screw down technique probably can't be patented, but I'm sure using a spring can be. I mean who would have thought using a spring to place tension on something? That is as revolutionary as using a rubber band to keep two more more items constrained in close proximity.
January 15, 2015 08:21AM
UkIan

Bugger.
Sadly, no, your patent likely is still valid.
February 03, 2015 09:52AM
Thank you for all your answers,

I know that this cannot be patented, and I hope that the posts were just jokes. I am from Germany and we have still a more or less working patent system, where you cannot patent that easy.
But still sometimes if somebody form the US tries to make such a joke I start thinking if this could be somehow true winking smiley

We just want to give away some Hotends for independent testing and want to give them to people who committed to our community and especially to the design that we will be using in our own Hotend.

Sincerly
Ikiwi
February 04, 2015 01:04AM
Ikiwi
Thank you for all your answers,

I know that this cannot be patented, and I hope that the posts were just jokes. I am from Germany and we have still a more or less working patent system, where you cannot patent that easy.
But still sometimes if somebody form the US tries to make such a joke I start thinking if this could be somehow true winking smiley

We just want to give away some Hotends for independent testing and want to give them to people who committed to our community and especially to the design that we will be using in our own Hotend.

Sincerly
Ikiwi

They are joking with you but with the way patents are awarded over here one may never know... smiling smiley

Sanjay was the first I saw using the screw on a thermistor. If you are in a position to implement it in your hotend go for it and on the heater as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login