Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

layer shift and stepper skipping

Posted by n9jcv 
layer shift and stepper skipping
January 15, 2015 12:36PM
Hello All, I am having some issues and hoping you have ideas to help me resolve please.

I have a delta, 1.7A Wantai stepper nema17 motors. I am using Ramps 1.4 and DRV8825 stepper drivers. I have heatsinks and a fan on the ramps board. The steps are set at 1/16th.

I did a 5 hour print and 4 hours in it skipped steps, and the layer got shifted. I checked all belts and pulleys and they are tight. I do not see any other way for it to shift except missing steps.

I had 4998 drivers running about .7v and thought I needed more juice. So i put in 8825s and they are running 1.1V. That appeared to help as before it generally skipped around the 1 hour mark, and now it made it 4 hours.

When it runs, the heatsinks are just barely warm. Motors do not make any noise. Motors are basically dead cold.

When it skips on a delta, I would have no way (that I know of anyway) to figure out which axis skipped.

I don't know if I should increase voltage more? If I were to put ammeter in series with 1 coil, would that give me a true reading on the current?

Any other suggestions please?
Thanks
b
Re: layer shift and stepper skipping
January 15, 2015 01:32PM
Can you post some images?

Thanks!

Blue Ice

blog at [contemporarymaker.com]
Re: layer shift and stepper skipping
January 15, 2015 02:50PM
Here is the picture

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login