HELP !!!
January 18, 2015 12:57PM
I recently bought a RepRap Delta Rostock printer second hand from a guy who gave me absolutely no info whatsoever. Trawling through a few Google searches, I garnered that I needed to download Arduino, Pronterface and some Marlin profile stuff.
I seem to have set things up so I can connect with the machine OK but there are major issues. First, the little LCD screen is just blue and does nothing and I cant do any calibration or anything as I get the following from the Pronterface dialogue window:

MINTEMP triggered !
Errortongue sticking out smileyrinter stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
[ERROR] Errortongue sticking out smileyrinter stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

So, I can't see what the errors might be and I wondered if there was a way to start off from scratch again by reloading software to the printer. I'm pretty PC savvy, though this is my first attempt at working with a 3d printer and have no real knowledge of Arduino.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: HELP !!!
January 18, 2015 03:21PM
A mintemp error means that the thermistor is registering a very low temperature. This occurs when the thermistor is either faulty or is not properly connected.
January 19, 2015 03:51AM
OK. Thanks for that. I'll take a look
January 19, 2015 08:44AM
Another possibility is that the lookup table being used in Marlin is for the wrong thermistor. There is a file called configuration.h where the thermistor type is set.
You can measure the resistance of the thermistor at room temperature and check if it is roughly the same as the type set in Marlin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login