Advanced

Testing RAMPS 1.4

Posted by acme 
Testing RAMPS 1.4
February 04, 2015 10:24AM
Note: Plz see the image attached here

Hi,

I am just beginning in 3D printer.

When I connected the RAMPS board to the SMPS, I saw smoke coming from near the inputs to the board.
I could not find any visible burn mark anywhere in the board.

Next I detached the wires from the board, and connected again so as to make sure that , nothing is loose connected.

No smoke this time. But more strange things happening:

1- When I connect the board to Arduino board and connect USB to PC, no LED is blinking on the Arduino, and also no LED on RAMPS.
In this case , the voltages at heat bead input voltage and hot end input voltages are 0.

But if I take only RAMPS, and give inputs, then I found that heat bed and hot end output voltages are fluctuating fast and are near 3 volts.

Have I burnt the RAMPS ? (I was able to make LED blinking working in Ardiuno board, so it looks like Ardiuno is fine ).

How do I test that the RAMPS board is fine or not?

I have attached a pic showing how I connect the power supply. Is there anything wrong here ?
I saw a similar post:

[forums.reprap.org]

Please guide me regarding this

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2015 03:52AM by acme.
Attachments:
open | download - smoke3.jpg (296.7 KB)
Re: Testing RAMPS 1.4
February 05, 2015 10:08PM
Impossible to tell if your PS wiring is correct as I can't see the labeling on it. I would like to see how you have wired the Ramps as well. Have you checked the green connectors that plug into the Ramps for visible signs of burning?

February 05, 2015 10:12PM
The high voltage input wire colors are a little odd. Can you provide a photo of the other end of the wire and let us know your country and voltage. Also, posting a photo of the ramps connection, as suggested by waitaki, would be very helpful.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login