Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ulticampy 2 help please (topic moved from repraper section)

Posted by tru168 
Ulticampy 2 help please (topic moved from repraper section)
February 05, 2015 12:19AM
Hi all,
I post wrong topic in reprapers section, so I move it here.

I bought all parts for Ulticampy 2, (its Ultimaker 2 clone.) I downloaded CAD file for all panels but my local CNC fabricator said the CAD files are flat 2D drawing, without depth information. I contacted the author, and he replied that its easy to tell CNC fabricator which hole need to be mill through and which one don't . I try to provide as much accurate possible to my local CNC fabricator but they refused to cut and mill panels for me unless its included hole depth info in the CAD file.

here's the link : [ulticampy.synology.me]

May I know any Ulticampy 2 builders here ? especially with CNC knowledge ? May I have your complete Gerber file so that I can send to CNC fabricator please?

Thank you !

Regards,
Ew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 07:05PM by tru168.
Reply Quote
Re: Ulticampy 2 help please (topic moved from repraper section)
March 11, 2015 04:31PM
Hi Ew,

I'm looking into building an UltiCampy myself. Did you solve this problem with the CAD files? At first I thought the designs could be lasercut quite easily, but indeed they have to be milled instead.

Would love to hear from you.

Regards,

Pilgrim
March 30, 2015 06:59AM
PM me with your mail adress so i can sent you the files, i have the .dxf files for the ulticampy. they have the deep in the file for each hole.... My CNC Cutter can use this files for laser and milling the panels
April 20, 2015 11:33AM
Hi dennisstu,

Thank ytou! I just PM you just now.

Just to remind that I'm looking for Ulticampy2, not the first version.

Thanks !
April 29, 2015 12:16PM
A little update here.

I messaged dennisstu few weeks ago, but didn't receive any reply yet.

I downloaded all CAD files and I spent a lot of money to CNC acrylic plates, and the finished acrylic are all un-useable, all holes are out of alignment.
I paid to one of local CAD expert to check the files, and the expert said its too many error and can't be repair.
I also can't get any correct files from the author too.

I waste all my money on this unfinished projects. For those who want to make this , please do not waste your time and just choose others design instead.

Thank you
Ew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2015 12:17PM by tru168.
April 30, 2015 08:32PM
why not just get the ulimaker 0 cut instead the of the ulticampy is basically same set up. theres plenty cad files for there panels

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2015 08:33PM by chris33.

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
May 01, 2015 11:22PM
The ulticampy2 measurements are slight different compare with ultimaker. I've heard that the ulticampy2 is based on Ultimaker2, which is much more stable and much better performance than the first version.
That is why I try to build one.
May 02, 2015 12:07PM
The ultimaker with decent upgrades is just as good as um2, the um2 just looks more pleasing to the eye

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login