Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which printer type ?

Posted by jmf 
jmf
Which printer type ?
March 01, 2015 11:43AM
I finally have my Delta printer up and running smoothly, I have a lot of extra parts and now I want to build another non-delta printer.

What is a popular printer out there, what type would be a good next printer project ?

Thanks,
John
Re: Which printer type ?
March 01, 2015 12:02PM
IMHO, the CoreXY is one of the most interesting.

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
March 01, 2015 01:11PM
Zavashier
IMHO, the CoreXY is one of the most interesting.
thumbs up
jmf
March 01, 2015 01:22PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to do some research on this printer, some of the designs look really cool.

Why is it called CoreXY, just curious ?
March 01, 2015 01:31PM
It depends on your left over parts and ability to source needed parts. If you have to buy more than half of a printer's needed parts, you might just order a kit. If you are looking to buy locally, you might try Prusa Mendel 1 or 2. They use threaded rod and can be purchased easily through local hardware stores. With your Delta printer you can print your parts needed for the Mendel. On eBay you can find any number of combination of parts to fill your kit needs. Either just frame, motors and electronics, everything but the frame, etc...
March 01, 2015 03:00PM
+3 on the coreXY. It is the next logical evolution after a Delta.....
jmf
March 01, 2015 10:40PM
Both designs look like fun to build and both look like they may have some advantages or disadvantages,
I think I'm gonna try the CoreXY though, that one does look really cool.
March 02, 2015 03:13AM
jmf
Why is it called CoreXY, just curious ?
A good source to read about the CoreXY : [corexy.com]

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
March 02, 2015 04:18AM
CoreXY is fun fun fun, I built one, turned out to be rigged up as a laser printer for the time being, as I don't have time to build much now besides my graduation projects for art academy I figured I could use a laser-cuter more than yet another printer.

The concept stays the same, CoreXY works wonderfully, it's fast, precise, and just really nice to even watch how the motors really work together to create movement. It's beautiful. They share the load. It's like machinebiosis winking smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
jmf
March 02, 2015 02:02PM
Zavashier, thanks for the link..

Ohmarinus, the CoreXY system looks like the one for me, I love fun, fun, fun....LOL !
March 02, 2015 02:55PM
Check this CoreXY: [forums.reprap.org]
jmf
March 02, 2015 03:38PM
Good link, that will keep me busy for a while, the more I'm checking into the CoreXY the more I want to build it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login