March 06, 2015 06:11AM
Hello again.

As in a earlier post had already some things fixed.but now this

What im running is.
GEEEtech i3 acrilyc frame
mk8 extruder
heatbed MK2a
lcd 2004 screen
ordered the j head with dissipator, going to make an alu holder.
-filament stuck after the feeding Wheel -->drilled conical inlet for easyer feed and in case of lump to be melted and feeded trought.

Software + machine.
Im prining in PLA, as in abs it didnt matter how i set the temps it would always going back to pla temps,even editing with slic3r.
Once i load a random Project i find on the web pla sets,the bed and head starts to get its temp, once there it starts printing,skirt no problema,perimeter,no problem....once it starts to fill the interior i pushes A LOT of material trough and the extruder wont lif for the other layers,so just extruding,the nozzle deep in the shit^

other issue.
The lcd does not work, loaded the latest marlĂ­n firmware...nothing...dead...only lighs up but no text no menu...

what can i do here? my programing skills are quite poor...but i can get my way trough with a lil help

Thank you all at least for reading

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2015 06:12AM by Dan crispy.
Re: Nothing but troble with printrboard rev D
March 06, 2015 01:33PM
Did you add the graphic display library to configuration h? Did you uncomment the right display type in configuration h? When you flashed the marlin firmware did you adjust the setps settings for your Z axis And extruder? Some prusas use different threaded rods and type of extruders, so if your prusa uses a m5 instead of an m8 rod, the steps would be different, if you use direct extruder instead of geared the steps would be different too.

Just flashing a "new" marlin firmware doesn't fix problems unless you put the right settings in it.
March 06, 2015 01:56PM
1. Have you calibrated your printer? If you move 10mm in Z does the printer truly moves 10mm? If you extrude 10mm of filament does it extrude 10mm?

2. Have you verify your PLA and ABS temps in marlin?

3. Have you checked the max temp settings for your hotend and bed in marlin?

The first mistake most of the newcomers to 3d printing make is to believe that their printers are plug and play, and this is even more truthful with reprap printers. Everyone is anxious to start printing as soon as they open the box, and that just leads to frustration (ebay is full of printets from people that fall in that frustration) if you take the time to get your printer right before first print, then whatever comes out of it it's a piece of art.

It took me 4 months to fully understand and set my printer right, after over a year of printing now I can set a printer within hours and be sure it won't fail.

Attached is my last creation and how it prints.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2015 02:26PM by ggherbaz.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_2015030658827.jpg (35 KB)
open | download - IMG_2015030642723.jpg (63.1 KB)
open | download - IMG_2015030622303.jpg (40.3 KB)
March 07, 2015 04:22AM
Thank you.

Yes i added the library but will check again in a minute.
Will later on if possible share my settings so that you can also have a look to see what i might do wrong.
This throws new light for me here.

Thanks for helping
March 07, 2015 01:29PM
I'll be more than glad to help you, please add your threaded rod type and how many teeth per pulley.
March 14, 2015 08:43AM
Ok sorry for the wait.

here is what happend next.

I contacted the seller telling him my trouble with his machine.

as an answer
-the printrboard REV D does not support LCD
-The firmware he sended me with the specs of that machine wouldnt load onto printrboard (gives error saying something of a butterfly...sont remeber well,contacted again...and sorry that is for ramps and sangui...wtf??why do you send me an file i cant use...???cotact again..waiting for a proper firmaware worked out by the seller for that set up)
-he will send me a sanguinololu board that will suposed to be make it all work, just in case i ordered a ramps 1,4 with the lcd, as most i see people are runing RAMPS 1.4 so more ideas solutions a questions answered will be avaliable.

Next
i had win x86 installed and all the firmware i loaded worked well except for the steps and ammount extruded.
i did format the computer and installed win 7 x64, had tons of problems making arduino work
i use 1.0.5r2 + teensyduino, edited the file with at90usb... ="teensy" and now i can flash, before it says "arduino.h" could not be found till i remebered to mod the file.
so,all running...downloaded marlin firmware (latest on wiki) changed parameter to fit printrboard (i think it was "81") and the extruder to "true" as the the false value in config h is for geared extruder mine being a mk8 direct extrdude using same atack gear as mk9.
uploaded,all ok but..
once i launch repetier host to take control of the machine and test if it goes well...disaster...
before in the win x86 whit repetier host,al arrows worked and all stopends worked,all homing buttons pefect.
Now in win x64 (both win 7) arrows dont work,and the homing button...just moves the diferent axis about 1cm.

would be a solution going back to x86?

thanks for reading
is it because im runing x64 now? im close to give up on win and run linux instead...but i have more exp. on win to be honest
March 14, 2015 12:13PM
All my computers are 64 bits, so no. your problems might reside on the drivers, did you update your drivers? also what connection speed rate are you using?
March 14, 2015 04:41PM
Im using 250k speed
Driver i just used as.before the one loaded by the downloaded software.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2015 07:06AM by Dan crispy.
March 15, 2015 05:15PM
did you downloaded the new arduino version 1.06 or did you used the 1.05? I have issues with the newer one so I kept the 1.05. Try that and see if solve the problem
March 17, 2015 05:53AM
Im.using 1.0.5 r2
March 26, 2015 03:17PM
Getting.really p.....ed of with it.
Im running win 7 64 and have set a ramps 1.4....cant even get the proper driver
March 26, 2015 04:36PM
download the new 1.06 version, I did it 2 days ago and it's working fine
March 26, 2015 10:37PM
Dl the.1.6...has the board but doesnt connect to.com
March 27, 2015 02:14AM
Now, are you sure your cable is the right one and it's working?

If you are using a regular printer cable it won't work. It's the original cable that came with the board? Have you tested the cable with a multimeter?

When you open device manager, do you see the Arduino board?
April 06, 2015 08:51PM
Try 115200 rather 250000 for speed... I couldn't talk to my Rev D board at 250000, but 115200 works just fine. I don't know whether it was a Linux issue or a PrintrBoard issue though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login