Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Connecting a 3d printer to the computer

Posted by Garriforce 
Connecting a 3d printer to the computer
March 22, 2015 06:37PM
I'm having trouble getting my printer to connect with my host program. I installed the driver but my control panel still lists it as fax machine. I couldn't find any answers in any of the walkthroughs so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Re: Connecting a 3d printer to the computer
March 23, 2015 05:57PM
I use Repetier and had to change my "Baud Rate" to 115200 in the port settings before my computer would see it. Good luck.
March 23, 2015 06:52PM
Just tried that. But it still gave me an error message that said "the given port name does not start with com or does not resolve to valid serial port"

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
March 23, 2015 07:18PM
What printer / electronics do you have?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
March 23, 2015 07:50PM
and what port name are you trying to use. To windows, this is NOT a printer. It is a serial device.
March 23, 2015 08:15PM
Make sure that the com#'s match in the computer device manager and the host. (example com1 in the host and com1 in the device manager. Also get the com# to be either 1, 2, or 3. Even though I had both the computer and the host matched to com5, it wouldn't work.
I am using Repetier firmware. I couldn't get Marlin to work. I also had to set the baud rate to 115200

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2015 08:16PM by billober33974.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login