Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone ever used Sintron or Geetech printers ?

Posted by ahill16 
Has anyone ever used Sintron or Geetech printers ?
March 25, 2015 09:16PM
Hey everyone new to the printer world. has anyone ever used a sintron or geetech printer? I bought one from folger tech but the thing is a huge pos and i am sending it back. The sintron looks like a good deal but i am concerned with the quality of the print. If anyone has any other ideas under $370 I would be interested in them.
Re: Has anyone ever used Sintron or Geetech printers ?
March 26, 2015 12:11PM
Good chances I will be ordering this one:

[www.aliexpress.com]

I read, in general, good comments.

Also like the fact that there is no printed parts. Extruder is a side. most people that got the machine, and build it wisely, got it to run quickly.

Geeetheck, reviews are "mrrrfff" on it.

Truth be told, I am getting that one to get experience before I build my own =)

But so far, as I look at everyone comments on about every "cheap" kits: A roll of the dice.
March 26, 2015 04:46PM
Even if the Geetech have good points (leadscrews, belt tensioning system, hotend...) it has some bad points, especialy the acrylic frame (even if it's 8mm thick). My advice would be to save money a bit longer to buy a proper aluminum framed kit, with a wade extruder.

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
April 27, 2015 12:16PM
@J.A.C.

But they don't tell you the model extruder they use, how has everything been thus far?
April 28, 2015 06:41PM
I currently have the SINTRON, my first printer so I don't have much to compare it to but the quality of the prints seem fairly good to me and the price point was hard to pass up. So far I have made it through 4 roles of Hatchbox 1.75 filament both in PLA and ABS. I have had virtual no issues with the printer, maybe I'm lucky.

I will say, the power supply is week and it took forever for the bed to reach the desired temperatures, I have since replaced it with a 350W computer power supply. The only other recommendation I would make would be to check the steeper drivers for correct voltage as mine were all over the place and needed adjustment.
April 28, 2015 08:25PM
I bought some parts from Sintron to build my printer. Generally pretty happy with what I received, with two exceptions:
The RAMPS board had the wrong MOSFET to drive the heatbed (which is the case with most RAMPS boards going by what I have seen on this forum, not just Sintron).
And the wrong microswictches were used on the endstops. Their legs bent the wrong way so they were flipped upside down and soldered in that way. This meant the switch contacts were in the wrong place. I cut the switches off at the bend in the legs, flipped them over, then tacked them back in place with some solder.
April 30, 2015 04:52AM
Hi!
I have built the sunhokey printer and I am generally quite happy.

There is some chance that one of the acrylic parts may turn up broken when It did all the way from shenzen, as it happened to my printer, but with some cyanoacrylate glue or, even better UV curing PMMA glue (Evonik genuine plexiglas glue ) I fixed it within a minute. Also the sender agreed to reship the broken part directly.
There are some drawbacks in the design, the y motor is fixed a bit stupid, but there is a new motor bracket on thingiverse which you should print straight after the build.
I got the new 2015 updated design version which fixed many of the previous design drawbacks.
The Z rods are very straight and show no wobble at all. Also, I liked the idea of T screws and brass T nuts as guides.
The included hotend is an e3d plagiate which works almost as good (or as good as) my real e3d hotend.
Also, the included bowden extruder is made of machined aluminium and works also pretty well, I have an bulldog extruder and I´ll make the comparison soon, but I have not had any issues with the included extruder so far. It works very good.

All in all I would say that the printer is very good, especially for this price tag.
If you want a prusa i3 style printer, go for this SUNHOKEY set, it lives up to my expectations.

p.s. the built was finished within 8 hours and I print on an PEI plate which I would suggest to everyone to print on. zero problems with print adhesion!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login