Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where can I get stepper motor cables?? I have everything but cables for my new build...

Posted by lunarkingdom 
Where can I get stepper motor cables?? I have everything but cables for my new build...where can I buy them online? I am using nema 17's and ramps 1.4
[www.shapeoko.com]

18 or 20 gauge.

4 (or more) conductor 18 gauge security cable is sold in bulk by the foot at most hardware stores, e.g., Home Depot's 18-4 CL3R Security Cbl Shld 1' @ 0.63, Part number 0000-249-865 Ed0345.18.10 , listed in bulk on their site. Most larger hardware stores will have a carrel or rack near the electrical wiring area which has spools of wire which are sold by the foot

[
www.homedepot.com]#
Awesome, the ebay link is great except I have stepper motors that have the 6 prong (only 4 are used) unidirectional plugs, the black 4 prong ones are fine for the ramps 1.4 board but where can I get some with the correct connectors on the motor sides?
Aliexpress
Yes but where can I get some with the correct connectors on the motor sides?
Knowing what they're called is the big battle...
Likely a PH series connector by J.S.T. Mfg. Co. (Japan Solderless Terminal), 2mm pitch, but you should really confirm in the motor specs.

Search for "JST 2mm PH 6 pin" on ebay, aliexpress, or your favorite vendor. It's easiest to get precrimped harnesses. (I've heard they are much harder to crimp properly than 0.1" connectors, but I haven't tried it.)
I may have some extra cables, will have to take a look in my kit later this evening. Are you in the U.S.?
Thanks Tray, you nailed it, stonedcoldskier thanks I am but no worries I just ordered enough cables to make 20 of them, yes I am mr overkill. I appreciate the knowlege and generocity from all of you thank you very much for the help! I am surprised no one sells these complete, I got them in my prusa i3 kit alredy made so I thought they were an off the shelf item.
Mine are from Robotdigg, for future reference.
bookmarked, thanks for the tip!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login