Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Introduction

Posted by Ian Adkins 
Another Introduction
September 10, 2007 04:15AM
Hi i am another person who has been following this project for a little while and decided it's time to get my feet wet and start building so Hi to everyone and i hope i can help if possible to push the project forward. I intend to build a RepStrap (not fully sure what that stands for?) that is a clone of a RepRap such that i can change out parts for RP parts as the technology allows i think this will be expensive and time consuming but will hopefully allow evaluation of all the design issues (if there are any) as i go along.
Re: Another Introduction
September 10, 2007 03:42PM
RepStrap stands for a device designed to bootstrap the construction of a reprap. It is generally cheaper to build, but not as reliable, and made out of whatever parts are available. Since there are no official reprap parts available, this is the most common kind of reprap.

Can't wait to see what you come up with though, as almost all repstraps contribute new experience and ideas.

Maybe we should start a new thread for general introductions? These could become quite common as reprap gets more attention.

-Samuel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login