Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i need help with my electronics

Posted by white 
i need help with my electronics
April 07, 2015 11:09AM
hello everyone,

i've ordered a prusa i3 kit from makergeeks and i have assembled everything besides the electronics, i couldnt find the circuit board they shipped and i dont know where everything should be connected to.
i have a general idea on where everything should be but i have no idea the sequence of the colors (red blue green black) for the motors.
if anyone could help me with the name of the board or where everything should i would be grateful ( you'll find an attachment of a picture of the board )
also if anyone knows where i can find the driver that would be great.
thank alot guys

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2015 11:11AM by white.
Attachments:
open | download - 20150407_003159.jpg (368.3 KB)
Re: i need help with my electronics
April 07, 2015 11:35AM
For the motor wiring use a multi-meter to check which wires are the pairs as per:
[reprap.org]

Steve

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
April 07, 2015 12:45PM
I want to say you have a Sangilou board, but I am not sure. Looks well labeled though from the picture.

At the top you have your 12V power input and USB plug for connecting to your computer. I have always seen separate inputs for the hotend / board power (5A normally) and the heater bed (10-16A), so I am not sure if the board will support a heated bed or not.

Along the left hand side it looks like you have 6 "heavy" duty outputs for your hotend(s) and heated bed (?), though I would check the silk screen to be sure. You then can have upto 3 fans (fan0, fan1, and fan2) for cooling prints, the hotend, or the stepper motor drivers as needed. Next are connections for your thermistors (t0, t1, t2), you will likely plug your hotend thermistor (white wires?) into t0. Below that is a servo control followed by your X, Y, and Z end stops. I am assuming your servo outputs can be used for a leveling probe if you ever choose to add one.

On the right side are your X, Y, and Z stepper drivers and motor leads. You just have one set of pins for the Z motor, so you will likely need to wire them in parallel if you are running two motors on your Z axis. You then have your extruder driver and motor leads off by itself. Based on the jumpers for your second extruder motor, you are set-up for 1/16th stepping (assuming A4998 drivers).

Plugs at the bottom are for your LCD ribbon cables if you choose to add one (which will need to be configured in your firmware).
April 07, 2015 02:01PM
Exactly the same question was asked a month ago, along the lines of 'What board do I have?'

See it here for the answer and you will be happy for the rest of your 3D-printing life winking smiley

Enjoy:
[forums.reprap.org]

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
April 07, 2015 03:34PM
hi thanks for the link , but that link is for a rostock and my printer is a prusa i3 would the board work?
i coudnt find the firmware any help with that also? thanks alo for the help and i did find the wiring places from the link you provided thanks again!
April 07, 2015 04:16PM
The controller for 3D printers can be generally be used for both delta's and Cartesian printers like the prusa i3. The difference in how they function depends on how the firmware is configured. Your configuration.h file should declare if the printer is a traditional cartesian platform, delta printer, or a CoreXY (?).

As for the software, you can try using the Repeiter firmware's online configuration tool or I would assume MakerGeek would have links to a version of Marlin already configured for your kit. In either case, you would then use the Arduino IDE to compile and upload the firmware to your controller board.
April 08, 2015 02:22AM
Most likely a clone of Sainsmart 2 in 1 ramps 1.4
Just try to load Marlin 1.0.2 and treat it as a ramps 1.4 board with one motor drive and a motor to try on!
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (585.3 KB)
April 08, 2015 11:51AM
Hi !
Bobyni
Most likely a clone of Sainsmart 2 in 1 ramps 1.4
Just try to load Marlin 1.0.2 and treat it as a ramps 1.4 board with one motor drive and a motor to try on!

It didn't work for me and my mystery board. (I'm the 'What board do I have?' first lucky winner)

For exemple, with the classic marlin, the endstops weren't responding normally, as if they weren't connected.

May be you should mix a classic marlin and the pins.h file from chinese rostock files and give a try..

Not the easiest way to begin.. Sorry.
April 08, 2015 11:58AM
thanks for your help. i've read you forum and couldn't find a solution really so i contacted the seller ( makergeeks.com ) and they shipped me a new RAMPS board for free , they do have great service.
thanks alot guys for your help but this board is trouble!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login