Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Target confusion - command extrude but XYZ moves

Posted by sungod3k 
Target confusion - command extrude but XYZ moves
April 09, 2015 04:34AM
Hi,

I was just setting up this new IR sensor probe for autoleveling and all worked beautiful, so went ahead, changed filament and wanted to test extrude which had worked the day before as well.

But now if I give the command to extrude my XYZ motors very slowly start moving. I checked the wiring and the firmware and even plugged in a spare motor in the extruder slot, but its doesnt move as well, only the XYZ axis slowly creep forward, while the YXZ move commands keep working normally. I also switched firmwares now and it worked for 5 secs and now it back to the weird behaviour. When I turn the pots I can hear some whining and stuttering and the motor holds its torque, so there is power.

All the motors are plugged in their correct spots, I also didnt make and radical changes to the firmware and I tried Rich Cattels marlin, the mainbranch and an older version from my old cartesian printer, any ideas?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 10:26AM by sungod3k.
Re: Target confusion - command extrude but XYZ moves
April 11, 2015 09:25PM
Have you tried going back to your original configuration and running it again (i.e. before you put that new probe on)?

April 12, 2015 04:33AM
yes tried that, but was also not successful, however I figured out i had accidentally used a metal nut on a plastic screw that was holding my ramps in its mount, so that shorted out some pins and had the driver run very hot. as far as I can see I didnt damage anything permanently, but it seems to work now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login