Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Necessary Announcement

Posted by ohiomike 
Necessary Announcement
September 12, 2007 10:01PM
My boss recently read my postings on the blog and pointed out that I should make it clear to anyone and everyone that the thoughts and ideas expressed are my own, not those of my employer and that attempts to actually try any of my ideas are at your own risk.

All communications from me are intended as communications between individuals and have no connection to my employer.

Mike
Re: Necessary Announcement
September 13, 2007 04:08AM
Gee...
smiling smiley
September 13, 2007 07:01PM
You post under a pseudonym. I don't recall you actually mentioning your employer by name. I thought that was a given.
September 14, 2007 08:26AM
I have recommended some of my employers products (because I developed some of them), which no one there really had an issue with. The problem was that when I was brainstorming on ways to do things I also suggested off label uses for some of those products. Now I have always been sure to say be careful but not always been clear on stating this is only guess work and attempt at your own risk. I have been posting on the assumtion that we are educated people and understand that risk is involved. The legal department would rather I treat you as uneducated daredevils that will sue at the drop of a hat.

So in the future I will use generic terminalogy and then discuss over email with anyone who wants to get more specific. I will still be acting as a resource for the group but I will point a lot more to third party sources of information in order to place degrees of seperation between my employer and any liability.

Mike
September 14, 2007 11:18AM
LOL! I think you will soon find, if your bosses don't, that Reprappers live and breathe guesswork. smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login