Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NEPAL: 3D RELIEF

Posted by jhi0417 
NEPAL: 3D RELIEF
May 01, 2015 12:36AM
Hi, my name is Jang Hee I, EdTech student at TC. As you know there was a massive earthquake in Nepal. More than 4,600 people dead. Over 9,000 injured.

I have close friends in Nepal and they are doing their best to support those who are in need.

We, Jeanny Vaidya, Enok Kim, and I are coordinating international fundraising efforts to support and fund the earthquake relief and rebuilding efforts in Nepal. Jeanny Vaidya is a TC student from Nepal, and her family and her friends are currently working with NGOs to help. We have direct contact with Nepalese NGOs.

We as EdTech wanted to build more awareness and deliver information regarding the severity of the quake. We designed the 3D prints of the incident, 3D maps of Kathmandu that aims to estimate how urgent rescue mission is necessary.

Our goal is to raise $9,000 and provide this money to NGOs who have been working with and assessing further relief efforts. We will supply the funds towards the on ground efforts of various local NGOs who have already been working to provide food, water and shelter to affected people.

We hope that you can keep Nepal in mind over the next few days and donate whatever you can.
Fundraising: [www.indiegogo.com]
Re: NEPAL: 3D RELIEF
May 01, 2015 09:35AM
jhi0417
Our goal is to raise $9,000 and provide this money to NGOs who have been working with and assessing further relief efforts.
While your effort is noble, why not just donate directly to the NGO or similar organizations? It cuts out the middleman, the percentage that IndieGoGo takes as a processing fee, as well as ensures the funds make it where they were intended to go. Plus, the donation may be tax deductible where donating via IndieGoGo may be a little more dubius. The link is US-centric but there are some international groups on there. If people aren't in the US I'm sure most countries will have at least some relief organization that is making an effort for donations.
May 01, 2015 11:38AM
Thank you for your insight. We appreciate your insight and discuss this issue with the team members!
May 01, 2015 07:10PM
The Red Cross (or Red Crescent) has a long history of providing aid for disasters around the world, and is worthy of everyone's financial support.....
May 01, 2015 08:47PM
Thank you for your comment. We are currently focusing on providing a support to small NGO who travel to the remote area of Nepal where Red Cross didn't reach out yet smiling smiley
May 04, 2015 07:44AM
Are the models on your website a joke? Still not sure if this is legitimate but quite odd for a group that specializes in 3D printing to only find this forum when they want donations...

Please add your printer design to [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login