Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What's wrong with the hotend?

Posted by fatesalign 
What's wrong with the hotend?
May 03, 2015 10:53PM
Hello everyone. Do you have any idea what's wrong with this hotend? It's oozing out filament.

Re: What's wrong with the hotend?
May 03, 2015 11:41PM
either the hot end is loose or it did not seal. Cheap hotends suffer from that often. Take the hotend apart, clean it up, and wrap some teflon tape ( plumbers tape) around the treads. Reinstall the parts according to manufactures instructions.
May 03, 2015 11:41PM
You have to make sure the nozzle and the throat are seated firmly together inside the heater block, it will help if you do not bottom out the nozzle when you screw it into the bottom of the heater block, that way you can snug it down with a 6mm wrench tight to the throat, also make sure the PTFE in the throat is trimmed flush with the non tapered opening and that that end is also toward the nozzle:

This is the end I am talking about.

Here is a pic of the other side that should be facing the extruder and is "tapered" to help the filament feed:

You have to heat up your hotend to remove that messy leak, watch you dont burn yourself. Good luck ;-)
May 04, 2015 12:49AM
Thanks everyone! I was looking at getting an e3d v6, but it just doesn't seem I can find any simply mounts for my i3. They all look at least somewhat annoying to work with, so I found something similar to what I have. What do you think about this: [www.ebay.com]

Thanks for any info.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login