Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help me decide which Prusa i3 to buy

Posted by mersadk 
Help me decide which Prusa i3 to buy
May 21, 2015 07:24AM
Hello,

I want to buy my first 3D printer. I realy like the idea behind RepRap project so I've decided to buy Prusa i3.
I am willing to spend around 500$ (printer + shipping).

Currently I have found these options that I like:

Sunhokey Prusa i3 Diy Kit (305$ + 195$ shipping = 500$)
Acrilic frame, heated bed, bowden extruder, 2KG of fillament (ABS+PLA)
[www.3dprintersonlinestore.com]

Migbot Ultra Prusa i3 Diy Kit (305$ + 210$ shipping = 515$)
Acrilic frame, heated bed, 2KG of fillament (ABS+PLA)
[www.3dprintersonlinestore.com]

Wanhao Duplicator I3 - Steel Frame (385$ + free shipping + 78$ for 2 spools of fillament = 463$)
Steel frame, heated bed
[wanhaousa.com]

I would like to buy machine which can easily be upgraded over time. I like idea behind bowden style extruders, so if I buy printer without it, I will probably add it in future.

It there any better kit in this price range?
Re: Help me decide which Prusa i3 to buy
May 21, 2015 07:37AM
Hi,

Our wanhao i3 is $405 USD. https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.com/professional-prusa-i3-wanhao

You can make payment via Paypal for buyer protection.

If you are looking for Up gradable 3d printer, you can go for Migbot or Sunhokey prusa i3.
May 21, 2015 07:49AM
Doesn´t it depend, where you live?

I got mine from berlin, ´cause I live in germany. Why pay so much for shipping? Why not support your local dealer instead?
Something was missing in the parcel, who can react faster? Local dealer....
You have questions, but can´t express them in english ( or the chinese seller suddenly don´t understand what your problem is) ?
Talk to you local dealer in your native language....

Two spools of filament only makes the parcel heavier ( even mor postage$$$ )
-Olaf
May 21, 2015 07:52AM
I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and there are no local dealers.
Also most of the sites doesn't offer free shipping as they do for most of EU countries.
May 21, 2015 12:56PM
Why not scratch build a Prusa i3?
You get to choose the quality of components

Steve

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
May 22, 2015 02:35AM
SteveRoy
Why not scratch build a Prusa i3?
You get to choose the quality of components

Steve
As I said, this would be my first 3d printer. I really don't know what are good components, what are bad components, and which problems can I encounter.

Currently I'm closest to buying Wanhao Duplicator I3 because of its steel frame, and later changing components if needed.
May 22, 2015 11:19AM
I bought this printer for my first 3D Printer from this seller. Prusa I3 Printer
The printer arrived well packed and with all parts. When I started modding it, I sent him an email asking about getting a copy of the original firmware and had the file in my inbox in less than 24 hours. Very good service and he answered all my questions quickly. I have bought other upgrade parts from him since and wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. Excellent EBayer. It has been 6 months and the printer still works flawless as it did from the first print. As with all of the inexpensive acrylic frame printers there are tweaks needed to make them print better quality stuff but it is amazing how good they are right out of the box. For a first printer I was more than satisfied with my purchase and I have learned a lot without spending a fortune.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login