Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please check my ABL code

Posted by VTE 
VTE
Please check my ABL code
May 25, 2015 08:43AM
Hi,

Can someone run through this real quick and let me know if you see anything fishy? My ABL is just being weird.

I am mainly concerned about my probe points, not sure if my probe points fall in this box.

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 55
#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 150
#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 65
#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 135

^ Please explain to me what each line means, these are not XY coordinates? Not sure....

-------------------------------------Configuration.h----------------------------------

#define ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING // Delete the comment to enable (remove // at the start of the line)
#define Z_PROBE_REPEATABILITY_TEST // If not commented out, Z-Probe Repeatability test will be included if Auto Bed Leveling is Enabled.

#ifdef ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING

// There are 2 different ways to specify probing locations
//
// - "grid" mode
// Probe several points in a rectangular grid.
// You specify the rectangle and the density of sample points.
// This mode is preferred because there are more measurements.
//
// - "3-point" mode
// Probe 3 arbitrary points on the bed (that aren't colinear)
// You specify the XY coordinates of all 3 points.

// Enable this to sample the bed in a grid (least squares solution)
// Note: this feature generates 10KB extra code size
#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

#ifdef AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 55
#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 150
#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 65
#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 135

#define MIN_PROBE_EDGE 10 // The probe square sides can be no smaller than this

// Set the number of grid points per dimension
// You probably don't need more than 3 (squared=9)
#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 3

#else // !AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

// Arbitrary points to probe. A simple cross-product
// is used to estimate the plane of the bed.
#define ABL_PROBE_PT_1_X 15
#define ABL_PROBE_PT_1_Y 180
#define ABL_PROBE_PT_2_X 15
#define ABL_PROBE_PT_2_Y 20
#define ABL_PROBE_PT_3_X 170
#define ABL_PROBE_PT_3_Y 20

#endif // AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

// Offsets to the probe relative to the extruder tip (Hotend - Probe)
// X and Y offsets must be integers
#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -26 // Probe on: -left +right
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -30 // Probe on: -front +behind
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -7.08 // -below (always!)

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING 10 // (in mm) Raise Z before homing (G28) for Probe Clearance.
// Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case

#define XY_TRAVEL_SPEED 8000 // X and Y axis travel speed between probes, in mm/min

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 15 //How much the extruder will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.
#define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 5 //How much the extruder will be raised when traveling from between next probing points
#define Z_RAISE_AFTER_PROBING 15 //How much the extruder will be raised after the last probing point.

// #define Z_PROBE_END_SCRIPT "G1 Z10 F12000\nG1 X15 Y330\nG1 Z0.5\nG1 Z10" //These commands will be executed in the end of G29 routine.
//Useful to retract a deployable probe.

//#define Z_PROBE_SLED // turn on if you have a z-probe mounted on a sled like those designed by Charles Bell
//#define SLED_DOCKING_OFFSET 5 // the extra distance the X axis must travel to pickup the sled. 0 should be fine but you can push it further if you'd like.

//If defined, the Probe servo will be turned on only during movement and then turned off to avoid jerk
//The value is the delay to turn the servo off after powered on - depends on the servo speed; 300ms is good value, but you can try lower it.
// You MUST HAVE the SERVO_ENDSTOPS defined to use here a value higher than zero otherwise your code will not compile.

#define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 300

Also,

I really want to use the 3 point mode instead of GRID. Right now it is using grid, how do I change to 3 point mode? I read that GRID mode has a lot of bugs because people were complaining, not sure if bugs were worked out yet.
Re: Please check my ABL code
May 25, 2015 11:00AM
The four coordinates seem to specify a rectangle, in which your "grid" measurement takes place.
-Olaf
VTE
Re: Please check my ABL code
May 25, 2015 03:10PM
o_lampe
The four coordinates seem to specify a rectangle, in which your "grid" measurement takes place.
-Olaf

It currently probes four points. I only want it to probe 3, how do I change my code to reflect that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login