Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help me config

Posted by trist077 
help me config
May 25, 2015 06:46PM
right my y axis bed goes forward and back and when pess home it goes back and hits endstop i belive this is true
the x changed dir in repetier but when i press home it goes to th oposite side than my end stop can you help
i cant get z to home at all it just carries on going down hitting the bed and knocking out of line z axis goes he correct direction

using repetier and finally got a firmware uploaded so things moving on a little from last most also is a config file
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (20.2 KB)
Re: help me config
May 25, 2015 08:24PM
Firstly, check that your X axis motor is plugged in the same way round as the other motors. (Wrong way round will make it go backwards).

In your Configuratiion.h file lines 249-260 tells your firmware what is the positive direction and where the endstops are. If you're sure the connector is right way round, change line 249 to #define INVERT_X_DIR true

Check that your Z sensor (assuming you have one) is working by issuing an M119 command.
May 26, 2015 08:55AM
right got al axis going in direction and all homeing directions correct cant test z homing yet as waiting for new endstop

but when i press x home on repetier it goes home and then ican move it via each way again no problem

when i hit y home it goes to home the endstop and keeeps going for about 5 sec even though its hit the endstop and when i try to bring the bed forward with the arrow it wont move i have to drag it off my hand a little so end stop led goed out then i am able to move via forward arrow

heres new config h
also copyed lcd file from ardunio addons in to marlin now lcd screen works and can control printer
May 26, 2015 03:26PM
Again, check that your endstops are working... M119 is your friend.
May 26, 2015 10:14PM
Finally getting around to finishing my I3 Rework and am having trouble with conflicting (?) info regarding the HOME position of the bed. I was following the steps here:

[revolutioni3.wordpress.com]

According to these instructions the HOME position is at the right rear corner of the print bed (as you look at it from the front). My end stops are X-Max on right side of frame, Y-Min at front of frame and Z-Min on lower left side of frame.

Using the instructions in the above link I was able to HOME the X, Y and Z axis' to the right rear corner of the print bed. However, fI have some concerns about the proper operation with it set up this way. I'm using Pronterface to set up the printer and the only axis that seems to operate correctly is the Z-axis. When I select X+ the print head moves to the right and when I select Y+ the print bed moves to the rear - is this correct?

According to this one post on the forum the X and Y are going in the opposite direction:

Sublime [ PM ]
Re: Mirror Image? new
December 10, 2012 06:58PM Registered: 4 years ago
Ok lets do some diagnosing of the problem.

With the machine powered off place the head in the center of the machine. Then plug in the machine and using the LCD go to Prepare/Move axis. Then scroll down to X and press the encoder and then turn the knob so it displays it is going + not -. The head should now be moving from the center to the left when going +. If it moves to the right the motor is plugged in backwards. Now scroll down to Y and press the button and turn the knob + and it should move the head towards you not away when going +. If it moves away the motor is plugged in backwards.

My Configuration.h file is set like this:

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define E_ENABLE_ON 0 // For all extruders

// Disables axis when it's not being used.
#define DISABLE_X false
#define DISABLE_Y false
#define DISABLE_Z false
#define DISABLE_E false // For all extruders
#define DISABLE_INACTIVE_EXTRUDER true //disable only inactive extruders and keep active extruder enabled

#define INVERT_X_DIR true // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true // for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_E0_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E1_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E2_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
#define X_HOME_DIR 1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P
May 27, 2015 01:56AM
I have my home (set in cura) home to front left of the heat bed as you look at it, but the end stop is rear left.
May 28, 2015 04:11PM
I'm using Mac Pronterface and according to the video my HOME position is correct. I guess I'll find out when I get around to doing my first real print. If it comes out backwards I guess I'll know for sure.

I finished leveling the bed and managed to calibrate my extruder. I initially had a problem with the extruder - it would just chatter and not push any PLA through. I loosened up the tension on the idler springs until the chatter went away and was feeding PLA smoothly.

So far it's pushing out melted PLA like it's supposed to. I have my hot end set at 180C and my heated bed at 65C. I hope those temperatures sound okay.

I need to get some blue painters tape so I can do my first test print. As I said, I'm using Mac Pronterface and I was able to load the test file okay - just haven't printed anything yet. Hopefully this weekend. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login