Free pins on Ramps 1.4
May 29, 2015 04:07PM
Hello!

I am trying to do a Dual nozzle with heated bed and print Cooling fan.
For This i need to add anløber mosfet (i guess).
I have Been going over the schematics for the Ramps, but i am a bit confused, which pins are free? And which of Them are PWM?
Can annonce help me?
Re: Free pins on Ramps 1.4
May 29, 2015 04:14PM
You can either wire the print fan into the power input, leaving the fan on all the time, or you could purchase a fan extender and remap the print fan to pins 4 or 5 if you still want to control the fan. You should then be able to use two extruders and a heated bed without any further changes to RAMPS.
May 29, 2015 04:23PM
Wont i be alle to access onde of the free pins and connect a mosfet there?

Do you have a link of such a fan extender? I Would like to be alle to control the fan
May 30, 2015 08:10AM
I assume the servo pins are pwm. I haven't looked into it, but it seemed like an attractive place to connect an extra mosfet for some electronics cooling fans that I was thinking of adding.
June 01, 2015 04:31PM
Kafledelius
Wont i be able to access one of the free pins and connect a mosfet there?

Do you have a link of such a fan extender? I Would like to be able to control the fan

[www.reprapdiscount.com]

Not sure if this is where I bought mine or if I got it cheaper off of eBay. Using a different motherboard type in your firmware (33 might be default for RAMPS with a hotend, fan, and heated bed) will change the pins.h location of your print fan, probably to -1 in order to disable it. Using the fan extender, I believe you can change the pin to either 4 or 5 and still be able to control it through software / slicer settings.

Now that I think about it though, you will need to solder header pins to the 12V holes to the left of your X stepper driver (with the power inputs facing to the left), then use a wire included in the kit to power the fans.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login