Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Backwards Y axis??

Posted by swicboi 
Backwards Y axis??
June 04, 2015 06:07AM
Hi guys...So ive been using the compact bowden print to dial in my printer...After many failed prints I finally got a successful print, I noticed that the file printed backwards on the y axis from what it was supposed to..ive enclosed 2 pictures, the first is that file as it is in pronterface and the second is the actual print...

So to fix this I know theres a few solutions, flip the y connection on the ramps board, or invert the y axis in the firmware...

I currently have my y axis set to home with the bed all the way out for easy part removal...so what is the best way to fix the problem so that my y axis still homes to the front????
Attachments:
open | download - bowden1.jpg (153.1 KB)
open | download - bowden2.jpg (28.4 KB)
Re: Backwards Y axis??
June 04, 2015 06:51AM
swicboi
I currently have my y axis set to home with the bed all the way out for easy part removal...so what is the best way to fix the problem so that my y axis still homes to the front????

Either invert the X axis as well, or invert the Y axis and add commands to the end gcode in your slicing program to move to Y=max at the end instead of homing Y.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 04, 2015 03:52PM
If I switch to y max...Wouldnt I need to Switch the ymin endstop board connection to ymax?? If I were to simply invert the y axis in the arduino...would that fix the problem
June 04, 2015 04:34PM
swicboi
If I switch to y max...Wouldnt I need to Switch the ymin endstop board connection to ymax??

Yes, you would.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 04, 2015 04:55PM
Man this is turning into a really complicated problem...SO If I am now working with 2 min endstops and 1 max...i need to comment out the line disabling max endstops....what else do i need to change in the arduino to get my y axis to home to the ymax instead????
June 05, 2015 03:48AM
1.Put the cable of the y-stop in the y-max position
2. Change direction for homing in FW: "#define Y_HOME_DIR 1"
3. Check in FW, if you have set the y-lenght of the table correctly: "#define Y_MAX_POS xxx" ( maybe 200 by default )

Flash it and then use M502 & M500 commands to store the new values in EEprom. ( If you havenĀ“t EEprom enabled yet, do it! )
#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

Happy printing
-Olaf
July 06, 2018 02:51PM
can this be controlled using the LCD controller?
July 06, 2018 05:39PM
Not with Marlin. With Marlin firmware, this needs to be set up in the Configuration.h file, then the firmware recompiled and reflashed.

MBot3D Printer
MakerBot clone Kit from Amazon
Added heated bed.

Leadscrew self-built printer (in progress)
Duet Wifi, Precision Piezo parts
July 06, 2018 06:53PM
The prints coming out mirrored implies a fundamental error in setting up the printer's firmware, and as others have explained, requires changes to the firmware configuration to correct. However, Slic3r, Cura, and I believe S3D can mirror prints without resorting to firmware configuration changes.

I would recommend fixing the problem in the firmware instead of relying on the slicer.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login