Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Select between two different size nozzels.

Posted by GRAYWOLF 
Select between two different size nozzels.
June 10, 2015 12:59PM
Is there a way to have the ability in cura to select between 2 different nozzle size's on a duel hotend setup?
I plan on having 0.4 for rough test prints and 0.2 for fine detailed prints.
Re: Select between two different size nozzels.
June 10, 2015 04:09PM
2 hotends to have 2 sizes of nozzle sounds a bit over the top.
Id save the ability to print a second disolveable support material.

I use a hexagon hot end and just swap the nozzles when i want to use the 0.5mm or 0.3mm.
You have to do it with the nozzle hot. But once youve got the nack with the spanner and can get the new nozzle in place before it get too hot to handle.
Then its just a matter of loading the profiles ive got saved for different nozzles and materials.
Only takes a few minutes. But remember to check the nozzle gap after swapping as i have found differences.

I havnt yet found a good nozzle of 0.2mm that will fit properly.
And i recomend a 0.5mm. I can get good quality prints from it on larger objects and obviously its a lot faster to print with.

Gordon

Gordon
Currently have a tweaked mendel prusa i2
About to build a P3Steel.
[scratchpad.thisandthose.org]

Printer for hire.
[www.3dhubs.com]

Member of South London Makerspace:
[southlondonmakerspace.org]
June 10, 2015 11:52PM
I don't use Cura, but it should be possible. On Simplify3d you can select the nozzle size for each hotend. Now If you can, stay away from 0.2 nozzles unless you are absolutely sure that you extruder and hotend are top-notch otherwise you will truly understand the meaning of headache, 0.3 is less problematic.
June 11, 2015 05:49PM
You almost certainly won't want a nozzle smaller than 0.3mm.
June 12, 2015 02:03AM
I am currently printing at 0.3 using a bulldog lite and hexagon but finding time when 0.3 isn't small enough.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login