Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which Slicer software do you use and why.

Posted by scubi 
Which Slicer software do you use and why.
June 11, 2015 04:09AM
Hi
It would be interesting to see what Slicer software you use and why. I know that Slic3r is probably the mostly used software but it would be great to read about the others and your experiences concerning the other software.

Thanks
Vaughan
VDX
Re: Which Slicer software do you use and why.
June 11, 2015 04:43AM
... Slic3r beacause of it's standard implementation with Printrun and Repetier ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
June 11, 2015 11:54AM
Skeinforge, because the supports it creates are the most beautiful things I've ever layed eyes on.
June 11, 2015 02:02PM
Simplify3d, because of its functionality and printing options no available in open source slicers.
June 11, 2015 03:39PM
Slic3r for most functional parts. It makes the best bridges. If the perimeters goes down to 1 on special parts I use Cura or Skeinforge. S3D when I need parts with support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2015 03:40PM by Wurstnase.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
June 13, 2015 03:16AM
Slic3r, because:
Honeycomb infill
Custom Modifier Parts with custom print settings
Layer Height range settings
Ongoing development and a developer who interacts with users on Github
Latest versions have print previews
Advanced extrusion width settings
Etc.
June 13, 2015 03:50AM
Cura because I haven't worked out anything else
June 13, 2015 09:19PM
Simplify3D works better for me than the free ones I tried, never needed a part I could not slice and print.
June 16, 2015 02:06PM
Cura here. I just prefer it, after some time I simply got used to it and it does everything I need. Haven't had a single piece I could not slice with it. Has all the options I need for the stuff I print. Also slicing speed is phenomenal.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
June 16, 2015 02:22PM
Slic3r, because it works, and it's open . . . generally, I avoid proprietary software like a disease, unless there is no option. I build from source, since that gets the most optimal build on most platforms, and Slic3r supports that. I also get to follow development, instead of waiting in the dark . . .

- Tim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 02:23PM by tadawson.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login