Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

somethings wrong with the "general" forum?!

Posted by o_lampe 
somethings wrong with the "general" forum?!
June 12, 2015 08:04AM
During the past few days, when I entered the main page I was surprised to see no new threads/answeres in the "General" subforum.
When I enter the general-forum, suddenly I see all threads are flagged with new answers.

The other subforums I regularly visit seem to indicate everything.

I tried logout /Login, but usually I´m logged in everytime.
What´s wrong? Am I the only one? Should I clear Cache ( whatever that actually means ) ?
-Olaf
Re: somethings wrong with the "general" forum?!
June 12, 2015 08:31AM
That´s weird, now that I posted my thread, I´m getting correct info again...
-Olaf
June 12, 2015 10:12AM
it's probably the cookies in your browser.
June 12, 2015 10:27AM
This happens repeatedly to me - and only for the "General" forum. There are other forums I'd love to unsubscribe from, but there is no way to do it. The "General" forum keep unsubscribing itself. I'd say every month or two I stop getting a count of unread articles, so I enter only to find that everything is unread.
June 13, 2015 04:03AM
Delete all explorer history, cookies, and data (make sure you have a record of passwords)
Close down the explorer, run disk cleanup (Anyone know what osx's version of this is?)
restart computer then re-access the website.

That is a started example of a confused explorer.
June 13, 2015 04:16AM
jbernardis
This happens repeatedly to me - and only for the "General" forum. There are other forums I'd love to unsubscribe from, but there is no way to do it. The "General" forum keep unsubscribing itself. I'd say every month or two I stop getting a count of unread articles, so I enter only to find that everything is unread.

This happens repeatedly to me too. It may be correlated with the admins deleting spam posts. My current theory is that it happens if the last "new" post I read in a forum was a spam one, which the moderators subsequently deleted. Then the "last read message" identifier stored for me and that forum would refer to a non-existent post, a situation which the forum software may not handle properly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2015 04:20AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 13, 2015 07:10AM
This isn't a new problem, nor is it limited to the General forum:

http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?33,497873

I reported it two months ago in the admin forum, and also speculated that it was related to spam being deleted.

I think that dc42 may have found the missing piece of the puzzle with the spam message being deleted also needing to be the first message in the forum, and will keep a closer eye on things in the future to see if spam messages are at the top of a forum before it loses the unread count.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login