Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i3 prusa hephestos (CURA print one at a time)

Posted by scrumpy0jack 
i3 prusa hephestos (CURA print one at a time)
June 14, 2015 12:13PM
Hi

i have i3 prusa hephestos and i'm using Cura slicer.

does anyone know how to print one at a time on CURA there are parameters under advanced settings and i need help to print one object at a time

thanks for your time
Re: i3 prusa hephestos (CURA print one at a time)
June 15, 2015 02:21AM
You have to figure out the dimensions of your print head, to enable Cura to manoeuver around the existing object. Cura will place the parts automatically.
-Olaf
June 15, 2015 02:52AM
Remover everything you don't want to print using something 123d:design.
June 16, 2015 12:11PM
thanks lampe does any one know what the standard setting for this print head ?
i've done quite a lot of research and still no joy!! are the any instructions on how i measure the print head

once i work it out i may make a video
June 16, 2015 12:26PM
scrumpy0jack
are the any instructions on how i measure the print head

I hate to be blunt but its not difficult to measure the legth width and height of the hot end...
You put those into the slicer and it will avoid anything within those dimensions.
June 17, 2015 03:00AM
It is not only the printhead you have to take into account, but everything that is lower than the x-carrier smooth rod ( stepper, extruder etc.)
-Olaf
June 17, 2015 08:59AM
Yes.
Personally im not sure why anyone would want to print like that. Just print everything at once and be done with it.
June 17, 2015 11:45AM
Floyd
Yes.
Personally im not sure why anyone would want to print like that. Just print everything at once and be done with it.

I´m just wild guessing...
Sometime you get .stl files of a complete printplate with several parts. But you want to print them in different colors...
I recommend netfabb to split those multipart plate into single parts and then print them seperately.
-Olaf
June 17, 2015 02:03PM
Ok,
going back to the original question. If it's as easy to work out as you've stated how come there are no answers on the forums or solutions

Please if you have a more pragmatic approach to this question please get involved

Factual knowledge is all I seek
June 18, 2015 04:20AM
o_lampe
It is not only the printhead you have to take into account, but everything that is lower than the x-carrier smooth rod ( stepper, extruder etc.)
-Olaf

Do you expect someone coming up with fixed numbers, or was this factual enough? smiling smiley
-Olaf
June 18, 2015 03:58PM
yes i do !! lol please read the opening question i think your straying from the point. "the fastest way of learning is coping"

its OK LIMPE if you don't know the answer lets someone else with more competence and compliance to come up with the solution!!

i admit i don't know the answer that's why i'm looking for sound quality advise that's what the forum should be used for, if you want to troll other people then try out AOL.

other wise please jog on so i can get some proper answers for the community
July 23, 2017 05:07AM
Hey,
Same printer, same head, same problem - Did anyone try out dimensions yet? Or do I need to measure myself?

Thanks,
July 27, 2017 07:00PM
Ok, here are the numbers I measured, and they seem to work:
Head size towards Xmin (mm): 15
Head size towards Ymin (mm): 24
Head size towards Xmax (mm): 23
Head size towards Ymax (mm): 41
Printer gantry height (mm): 24
Bq i3 prusa hephestos1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login