Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ReprapWord.com buyers beware!!!

Posted by macsoft 
ReprapWord.com buyers beware!!!
June 16, 2015 03:27PM
So I'm back to building printers, after some years of having no time for this.
Now with kids, its time to build some for them, so they can learn from it like I did.

Now that I have less time in my life to tinker with printers, I need quicker solutions when sourcing components to build 2 printers.
So I turned to ReprapWorld.com where I've bought some stuff in the past, and ordered lots of stuff including what they called a : FULLY ASSEMBLED RAPS board 1.4. This would save me time, not to have to solder all the stuff on the boards like I did on my last 3 printers.
Guess what? it seams like FULLY ASSEMBLED is opened for interpretation for them. Its is missing a lot of pins, including pins to connect an LCD adapter, and its missing a diode.
I've also ordered 5 of 6 spools of PLA and ABS. One of the spools was not sealed, and has filled with dust, that seamed to came from the green spongy bits they use to cushion stuff inside the package.

"Customer care" tells me about the RAMPS that that is what they consider FULLY ASSEMBLED, and if I wanted a stand-alone printer I should get their on circuit MEGATRONICS so I would not need the rest of the pins on RAMPS. And Its dangerous to use a diode, so they didn't send me one.
They offered to receive the board to solder the rest of the pins, at my expense of coarse... And that is it. They still say FULLY ASSEMBLED is with 4/5 of the pins.

Still waiting on the spool issue. I purchased 500g (like I did in the past) and instead of sending me a sealed 500g spool, they sent me an opened, half spent 1Kg spool filled with dust.

So lookout buyers, don't fall for the same mistake I did.
Re: ReprapWord.com buyers beware!!!
June 18, 2015 10:27AM
OK.. they say they can't see the green dust on the filament on the photos.
Is it just me? please check the photos and let me know.
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 18.39.36 .jpg (554.2 KB)
open | download - Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 14.55.32 .jpg (178.2 KB)
June 18, 2015 09:42PM
I suppose you could argue that the spots are some kind of weird pixilation going on with the pic. but from your first post is an exibit of poor customer service/support and enough that most will either avoid them or not return.

I went to the url... dunno... didn't see any red flags at a glance.

This is (of course IMO)... typical behavior for booming industries like 3dprinting and vaping for examples... lots of trashy people trying to make a quick buck without bothering to learn about/heed good business/best practices. you'll also see a lot of it in skilled trades, guys with the attitude of 'my boss is an idiot i can do what he does' just to gouge people... because... inexplicably... "they are worth it" - taking deposits while failing to complete jobs/ or drop the quality or disappearing because they've already been paid etc... etc...

Meanwhile I would expect better customer service for higher prices... but... from what I saw this place is middle of the road but gives the impression of looking up... I wouldn't make a call based on one item not being as expected, since they don't say upfront what 'fully assembled' means to them. It could be honest if they are assuming what they sell is what most/all reprappers would use and is thereby 'complete'. Another item being of poor quailty only (I'm assuming that if its not sealed in the first place it's going to give you moisture problems even if there wasn't debris on it).

I dont see what they did as 'good', personally I wouldn't make a call based on a portion of a large order going sour. I would probably reduce risk if I my choice is to do business with them again, smaller orders etc...

It's a bummer that order didn't work out for you.

Hope it works out...
June 18, 2015 09:48PM
Thanks... They've stopped responding. Complete silence...
June 20, 2015 01:14AM
I am surprised you have had a bad experience, I have been buying from reprapworld for the past 3 years and have had exceptional service, only once did they send me the wrong part and after i emailed them they quickly sent me the correct part, and I live on the other side of the globe.
I can only agree with Epop "bummer"
June 20, 2015 08:00PM
And they simply stopped responding... I really don't know how this type of businesses persist with this kind of attitudes. confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login