Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repository of mechanics and technical samples

Posted by VDX 
VDX
Repository of mechanics and technical samples
September 26, 2007 05:35AM
... here the link to databases with mechanical stuff, which is interesting for some mechanical ideas: [kmoddl.library.cornell.edu]

There are downloadable STL-files for the parts [kmoddl.library.cornell.edu] , so people would be able to reprap examples and play around with technical questions ...

Maybe we should start with a similar CAD- and STL-database too?

Viktor

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2007 09:27AM by Viktor Dirks.
Re: Repository of mechanics and technical samples
October 11, 2007 03:21PM
How about using two linked Peaucellier-Lipkin linkages on two corners of the Z-table and leadscrew on the other corners. Anyone pondered this? Way less friction methinks.
VDX
Re: Repository of mechanics and technical samples
October 11, 2007 04:31PM
Hi Toby,

... you have a line, but the stepsizes along the line follows a sine-function, so you have similar recalculations, as with my tripod-systems ...

Look at my posts about the tripods ( [forums.reprap.org] , [forums.reprap.org] and [forums.reprap.org] ), especially at the images - here the moving structures didn't have friction or feeding.

All stiffness is in the bars and the hinges or magnetic spheres are absolute precise, so this apparatus can build very precise.

But i have to adapt the controller to convert the cartesic slice-coordinates in angular or nonlinear moving of the motors ...

If i have the algorhythms, then the mechanic is no problem - as in the magnetic-self-joining, the rods stick together 'automatic' winking smiley

Viktor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login