Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP: Alternative use for repraps eletronics

Posted by macsoft 
HELP: Alternative use for repraps eletronics
June 22, 2015 06:33PM
Hi,
I've have amount 4 printers now, so I have a lot of spare electronics.
I remembered I could motorize my camera slider with it.
The mechanical part is almost done, I'm still deciding if I use a threaded rod or some pulleys to move the slider.

What I want: to use the arduino+LCD module (I have one of those with a rotary and SDcard, but I dont really need the SDcard part) to power the motor to make my slider...slide smiling smiley
What I need is to find out the quickest way to connect a polulu and the LCD/sdcard module directly to arduino without the ramps.
I realize it shouldn't be much difficult, I would only need to trace the connections from the ramps to the arduino, but if someone has done it already and knows what connects to where, it would save me a lot of time.

And the the firmware part... I would need a simple LCD interface where I would select items from the menus (like I have on my printers with Marlin).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: HELP: Alternative use for repraps eletronics
June 23, 2015 01:18PM
This is what you would need to connect your arduino to the the LCD, and polulu boards...

[www.ebay.com]

But as I recall there are additional electronics on the RAMPS board such as a capacitor that goes under the polulu connectors that are involved in some way with the stepper driver.

you could also get a cheaper stepper shield and use it instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2015 01:19PM by thetazzbot.
June 23, 2015 01:18PM
Great help...thanks...
June 23, 2015 02:49PM
IMHO, just use the ramps board. Dirt cheap. and expandable.

Also, the "heater" outputs could be used for lighting or fans. Pulse width modulation is great for controlling those type of things as well as DC motors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login