Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simplify3D/Solidworks

Posted by yannick 
Simplify3D/Solidworks
June 24, 2015 05:02AM
Hey everybody,

I want to buy a 3D-Printer with 5 Extrudes (RoVa3D ORD Solutions) to print objects wit different materials. Is there any possibility to print .asm data made with solidworks or or convert them to printable .amf data?
I want to print more complex stuff which is nearly impossible to create with netfabb basic, which is recommentded from ORD Solutions.
When saving the .asm data to one printable .stl file I couldn' t find any program yet to print the different parts with different materials and if I tried to put all needed stl. files in slic3r to adjust them there it' s not accurate at all...

Do you have any suggestions. Would that be possible with Simplify3D?
I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much,
Yannick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2015 07:08AM by yannick.
Re: Simplify3D/Solidworks
June 24, 2015 09:04AM
From what I can see on their site, Simplify3d is only dual extrusion (https://www.simplify3d.com/support/tutorials/printing-with-multiple-extruders/).

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
Re: Simplify3D/Solidworks
June 25, 2015 07:26PM
I think your problem is, by default, SolidWorks moves any exported STL to positive space (so all the vertices are at X=0 or greater, Y=0 or greater, and Z=0 or greater). This can be disabled in the STL save options. Once they're all in a consistent coordinate system, Slic3r should handle it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login