Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

re-sticking bed heaters

Posted by Zedsquared 
re-sticking bed heaters
June 25, 2015 10:02AM
Hi Folks,
does anyone have any success story regarding a decent adhesive to re attach bed heat pads to borosilicate glass?

I have had one bad experience with a kapton flex PCB style heater, the double sided tape I used just wouldn't take for long and it would curl off after a few days.
This is despite a good cleaning with acetone of both surfaces before application and avoiding contamination throughout.

The original glue that came pre applied was great but I decided to get a bigger glass plate and then the woe started!

I now have one of those terracotta coloured silicone pads stuck nicely to the glass but, should I want to fit a heat spreader for instance, what would work?

I'm in the UK BTW.

Cheers,
Robin.
Re: re-sticking bed heaters
June 25, 2015 12:49PM
I suggest heat resistant double sided adhesive sheet by 3M, which is probably what came on your silicone heater in the first place. I don't know what grades 3M does, but this one [www.ebay.co.uk] says it is resistant to hot/cold cycles.

I have my silicone heater stuck on the bottom of an aluminium sheet to act as a bed support and heat spreader, and I clip my float glass beds on top of that. See [miscsolutions.wordpress.com].

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2015 11:15AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: re-sticking bed heaters
June 26, 2015 10:59AM
3M 200MP sounds familiar, I remember trying to find it in tape form in the UK and failing, didn't think about sheets of it! Thanks for the link smiling smiley

Cheers,
Robin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login