Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

uncontrolled bed temp

Posted by swicboi 
uncontrolled bed temp
June 26, 2015 06:06PM
Hey guys...so I am printing in pla with first layer temp of 60c and 65c after that in slic3r. After 5-10 minutes of printing the temp of my heatbed jumps to around 110c and stays there consistently...The temp is so high that it causes my prints to lose adhesion to the bed. What could be causing this? I ran PID Autotune for the bed but it made no difference. Could it be an error in the marlin settings, a bad thermistor, a glitch in pronterface, or something else?????

p.s. Im running a RAMPS 1.4 board
Re: uncontrolled bed temp
June 26, 2015 06:45PM
Did you look in your gcode to see if bed temp is told to increase? That will give you a better idea of the where the problem is.
June 26, 2015 07:14PM
how would I go about doing that...do I need some sort of editor to read the files??
June 26, 2015 10:16PM
you can open them with notepad. Pronterface has an editor under tools.
you are looking for M140 Sxxx.
June 26, 2015 10:33PM
IT says s65 so its setting the temp correctly in slic3r
June 27, 2015 03:35AM
Try using Cura once.
I get warnings in Cura, when I have some "tweek@z" in memory from the last print job.

I assume, "tweek@z" -function is implemented in slic3r too?
-Olaf
June 27, 2015 05:11AM
hmm...ill try cura later today...but something else wierd is going on...so in slic3r i just set a print to print without the heated bed at all...so once in pronterface I printed the object and as the object prepared for printing, it bypassed the bed heating step and skipped directly to the nozle heating stage just as it was supposed to but once i started the print, I noticed that the heated bed turned on and heated to that same 110c temp and maintained it...Ive gone through the marlin config.h file line by line and nowhere do I see this number listed....wth is going on?????
June 27, 2015 06:44AM
You have bugged up slic3r, that´s what´s going on!
Try Cura once or reinstall slic3r.
June 27, 2015 06:42PM
lol...well...ive tried Cura and I like it alot more...the bed temp seems to stay quite constant....but its not printing properly...it starts out t fine and then starts doing these wierd jagged zig zag lines and printing multiples with some of the copies overlapping what is already there...ive seen others have this problem on youtube...but i dont remember ever seeing a solution
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login