Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Version of Cura

Posted by scubi 
New Version of Cura
July 02, 2015 10:21AM
Hi
Do you know if you can use the new version of Cura for mendel90. I downloaded it and ran the setup file and it does not allow you to select other printers.
If you can how do you go about setting it up for a Reprap printer ?

Thanks
Re: New Version of Cura
July 02, 2015 10:26AM
You can edit the .json files in the settings folder.
July 02, 2015 10:43AM
Hi
Found the files , what software do i edit it with etc or do I just rename one to Mendel90 ?
July 02, 2015 10:55AM
I use Notepad++, but any text editor should work.

The file fdmprinter.json contains a lot of the default values for speeds, etc.
The individual printer profiles such as ultimaker2.json contain specifics for that printer.

You probably want to start by copying ultimaker2.json, editing it for your machine, then save it under a new name that is descriptive of your printer. Then start up Cura and see what you have done.
After that you may want to go into the fdmprinter.json file and do some edits there and save it.

You can save a background image specific to your printer in the /resources/images directory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2015 11:03AM by the_digital_dentist.
July 02, 2015 02:04PM
Hi
Thanks for the help
July 03, 2015 12:58AM
Seems like quite a bit of work to get this new version running...
How is it handling dual extrusion? same as old version? no feature to select what hot end prints what?
July 03, 2015 01:09AM
I did not really get it going so going to dump it and just use Sli3r and Repetier host.
Thanks
Text Editing
July 25, 2015 01:28PM
I am new to 3D printing with a Lulzbot MIni and using Cura.
I downloaded an STL file from Thingiverse (Luggage_label_Customizer_2013-11-01_1.stl). I would like to replace the generic name and address info on the model with my own info. I would even like to increase the tag size. I cannot figure out how do either of these tasks and would appreciate advice or direction to resources that could help me.
Thanks, Pat
Re: Text Editing
July 25, 2015 04:07PM
Changing an STL is not something you do in Cura.

Try this customizable luggage label -- in Thingiverse, click on the red "Open in Customizer" link. Type in the text you want -- tag size will increase to accommodate it. Click "Create Thing". Click "Go to my queue". Click "View thing". Download it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login