Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel, Cannot get Pronterface

Posted by raven_1942 
Kossel, Cannot get Pronterface
July 10, 2015 03:00PM
so i got this 3d printer kit got it wire up by the guild link here

got arduino running and what it says to up load to it (Sketch uses 101,182 bytes (39%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.
Global variables use 4,531 bytes (55%) of dynamic memory, leaving 3,661 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes) so i think it did it right now i can make the xyz move but not right the endstops dont stop the steppers using the lcd screen i got
i use a usb to connect tp pc and pronterface says its off line i have 2 images right now showing this lcd says ready pronterface says no

i dont know what to do
Attachments:
open | download - Untitled.jpg (82.6 KB)
open | download - 22.jpg (151.6 KB)
Re: Kossel, Cannot get Pronterface
July 10, 2015 05:26PM
The clue is in the pronterface message - the baud rate for communicating to the printer is wrong. You don't say what firmware you're using, but you should be able to check the configuration (look for Configuration.h) to see the baud rate the printer is set at. In Marlin, this is (at its default):

// This determines the communication speed of the printer
#define BAUDRATE 250000

If your baud rate is not 115200, set it to 115200. This is generally the most reliable speed.

Next you can set the Pronterface baud rate in the drop box at the top left of the screen, to the right of the printer's COM port. Once these two values are the same you should be good to go.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login