Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap discount smart LCD have a beeper ?

Posted by sjs_scott 
Reprap discount smart LCD have a beeper ?
July 13, 2015 04:01AM
Does the Reprap discount smart LCD have a beeper ? If so how can i enable in in marlin ?
Re: Reprap discount smart LCD have a beeper ?
July 13, 2015 04:14AM
Yes it has and it´s already implemented in Marlin for certain actions.
Do you want to use it for your own purpose?
-Olaf
July 13, 2015 04:18AM
Yeah, but i cant seem to activate the beep sound, like wanting it to beep after a print is over
I tried giving the command M300 S300 P1000 for the buzzer in pronterface but there is no responce confused smiley
July 13, 2015 05:00AM
how recent is your copy of marlin, i recall there was a issue with a typo on one of the defines that caused the beeper not to work

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

July 13, 2015 05:18AM
thejollygrimreaper
how recent is your copy of marlin, i recall there was a issue with a typo on one of the defines that caused the beeper not to work

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin This is the one i used
July 13, 2015 05:24AM
when did you download it more to the point?

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

July 13, 2015 05:29AM
thejollygrimreaper
Yesterday
July 13, 2015 02:59PM
sjs_scott
thejollygrimreaper
Yesterday

looks like they stil haven't fixed the bug then, i'll see if i can find where it was.

July 13, 2015 03:08PM
found the culprit ,

in the Marlin_main.cpp file goto line 3169 and look for "defined(ULTRALCD)" it should be "defined(ULTRA_LCD)"
and do the same on line 3180

looks like this still isn't fixed in the main release

after you fix that it should start to work unless there is a similar typo somewhere else

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2015 03:08PM by thejollygrimreaper.

July 13, 2015 03:30PM
thejollygrimreaper
found the culprit ,

in the Marlin_main.cpp file goto line 3169 and look for "defined(ULTRALCD)" it should be "defined(ULTRA_LCD)"

after you fix that it should start to work unless there is a similar typo somewhere else

Thanks, I've corrected the typos. But still no sound though confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2015 03:43PM by sjs_scott.
July 13, 2015 05:59PM
sjs_scott
thejollygrimreaper
found the culprit ,

interesting, i can't find where they have the "BEEPER" defined placed, so something a little more drastic to try is this

goto the line 3169 and comment out with two forward slashes eg : "// #if (LARGE_FLASH == true && ( BEEPER > 0 || defined(ULTRALCD) || defined(LCD_USE_I2C_BUZZER)))"

stickthis under it "#if defined (ULTRA_LCD)"

the define at the end about the i2c buzzer can't possibly be right as the buzzer is just wired up to pin 44

July 14, 2015 01:41AM
thejollygrimreaper
sjs_scott
thejollygrimreaper
found the culprit ,

interesting, i can't find where they have the "BEEPER" defined placed, so something a little more drastic to try is this

goto the line 3169 and comment out with two forward slashes eg : "// #if (LARGE_FLASH == true && ( BEEPER > 0 || defined(ULTRALCD) || defined(LCD_USE_I2C_BUZZER)))"

the define at the end about the i2c buzzer can't possibly be right as the buzzer is just wired up to pin 44
Still nothing sad smiley
July 14, 2015 02:26AM
thejollygrimreaper
sjs_scott
thejollygrimreaper
found the culprit ,

i suppose the only thing left is to remove the "if defined" statement entirely so we're guaranteed it compiles in, however i think there could be a hardware issue as well as the last modification should have well and truley worked

July 14, 2015 03:13AM
On my beeper was a sticker that had to be removed. Otherwise you`d hear nothing.

Maybe your´s is still on? ( top right corner of the LCD-board )
-Olaf
July 14, 2015 03:31AM
o_lampe
On my beeper was a sticker that had to be removed. Otherwise you`d hear nothing.

Maybe your´s is still on? ( top right corner of the LCD-board )
-Olaf

That sticker is removed
July 14, 2015 03:32AM
Btw the beeper must be set to 37 right in pins.h?
July 14, 2015 03:35AM
sjs_scott

no pin 44

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2015 03:37AM by thejollygrimreaper.

July 14, 2015 03:50AM
thejollygrimreaper
sjs_scott

no pin 44

Ah, I changed the beeper to 44 on all beeper defines but still no change,
July 14, 2015 04:31AM
sjs_scott
thejollygrimreaper
sjs_scott

no pin 44

i would raise and issue on the marlin github it's broken somwhere. in the meantime copy which i can confirm the beeper works fine clickhere if you end up using it you'll have to set some of the endstop pins back to the originals in pins.h

July 14, 2015 05:06AM
thejollygrimreaper
sjs_scott
thejollygrimreaper
sjs_scott

no pin 44

i would raise and issue on the marlin github it's broken somwhere. in the meantime copy which i can confirm the beeper works fine clickhere if you end up using it you'll have to set some of the endstop pins back to the originals in pins.h
Still not getting any sound confused smiley. I'm starting to think there is some issue with the hardware

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2015 05:07AM by sjs_scott.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login