Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tweaks for RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller

Posted by mmakaj 
Tweaks for RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller
July 13, 2015 02:53PM
Hi guys,

i designed and built a variation of a Rostock delta printer. It Works and looks great. I have also added a LCD smart controller a few days ago and it all works well.

However i was wondering if there is a way to change the display info on the lcd so that i doesn't update the X Y Z coordinates. Or to turn the display info off ?

For some reason every time something changes on the LCD screen while printing my rostock stops for half a second and than continues. This is a big trouble when some detailed prints are made.

Also when i open the menu, for example i go to SD card, everything is fine. but after 10 second the display returnes itself to the starting info.

So, please, is there a way i can turn off the coordinates being displayed, or a way to turn off the display info ??

Thank you,

Best wishes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2015 02:54PM by mmakaj.
Re: Tweaks for RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller
July 14, 2015 05:39AM
Welcome to the world of Delta printers with under-powered 8-bit controllers! As many of us have already discovered, the 8-bit CPU used on most controllers does not have enough processing power to run both the Delta math and a Graphical LCD (GLCD). Repetier firmware is more efficient than Marlin in this department, but the long-term fix is to get a proper 32-bit controller such as Smoothie or Duet.....
Re: Tweaks for RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller
July 14, 2015 07:51AM
Would it help to use a 20x4 Discount LCD instead?
The data rate is much lower for sure.
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login