Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Biome3D, and filament prices...

Posted by thetazzbot 
Biome3D, and filament prices...
July 14, 2015 03:57AM
I received a free sample of this filament from filabits, made by Biome3D . It is very nice! I love the shine and smooth finish. They only sent like 1.5 meters so not enough to really test with.

Wondering if anyone has done much printing with it?

[www.3domusa.com]

Next question, and I think this is a bit rhetorical... So far ive been (not having luck with...) printing relatively inexpensive filament ($20-$25 per 2.2 lb). Been fighting with it almost constantly. ABS mostly. So I'm beginning to wonder is $50 filament just that much better that I'll waste a lot less and come out even?
Re: Biome3D, and filament prices...
July 14, 2015 05:20AM
A filament extruder should sit in a "clean room" environment. You can´t put it in your garage and expect clogfree printing.
The smallest bit of dirt and dust the filament might contain, can gather in the nozzle and cause print failure.

To build such a clean room and use filters and stuff on the ABS granulate itself, is expensive and reflects on the price.
A quality fab of filament takes longer to get even with their investment, not only because they sell less volume due to the higher prices.
Sooner or later they can drop their prices, too. It´s up to us to support them.
-Olaf
Re: Biome3D, and filament prices...
July 14, 2015 06:24PM
Thats a great reply.... Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login