Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Holographics - Need Information

Posted by Sniper4395 
Holographics - Need Information
July 21, 2015 01:37AM
Hey guys!

Sorry for the off-topics post.

Can anyone point me in the direction of DIY holographics, kits or ready to go setups that can be purchased? A link to a specific forum or something would be very helpful. I've tried searching around, but I'm in China at the moment and most search engines are censored to death without a VPN.

I want to build or purched a large theatrical holographic display or projector to make our office a little more impressive.

If it makes you feel better, my company does 3D printing for public welfare. 3D printing prosthetics for children, training classes on 3D modeling, ect.

-Tom
Attachments:
open | download - 1101869345.jpg (562.4 KB)
VDX
Re: Holographics - Need Information
July 21, 2015 02:37AM
... it's in German - but a lot of information available, if you get in contact with him:
[holografie-ploenes.de]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 21, 2015 04:32AM
Difficult...

You need a vibration proof work bench, less movement than 1/4 wave length of laser..... at least for bigger stuff.

There are some tricks where the plate is mechanicaly tied to the object to avoid vibrations..

this kit uses that trick

[www.litiholo.com]

Ive have no experiance of this kit.
July 21, 2015 11:55AM
Thanks guys!

These are pretty nice. I've noticed that both links are about projector holograms using lasers. Do you know anything about a Pepper's Ghost hologram using LCDs and mirrors?

Here's something I saw in a local museum.

What they did here is a Pepper's Ghost illusion combined with LCD displays. The LCDs are not visible until the screens are turned off, but they are actually displaying the houses. So the houses you see are not physical objects. The ghostly people are sort of projected onto the screens using tilted glass paneling angled about 30 degrees downward in front of the LCDs. The people are being projected into the ground in the "Blue Room" with a small projector. The combination of no-bezel (bezeless?) LCDs and a projector make for a powerful holographic display that doesn't show well on camera, but is very beautiful in real life.

What about putting something like this in an elevator?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2015 12:00PM by Sniper4395.

-Tom
Attachments:
open | download - Resize1.jpg (595.1 KB)
open | download - Resize2.jpg (578.6 KB)
VDX
July 21, 2015 01:46PM
... for brilliant 3D-displays in open show-rooms you can use plenoptics instead of holograms - read through the mireco rasters:
[mireco.net]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 13, 2015 01:54AM
Here's the display that I designed for them in Sketchup. I made it into a little table lamp. The Hologram isn't a real hologram. It's just a cellphone on the bottom, with a clear 4-sided pyramid on top. So the image is reflected, creating a sort of 4-sided hologram illusion. BTW. I didn't design the restaurant you see in the images, that's just for aesthetics and size comparison. At the time I was thinking that, if the product is good enough, then our salesmen can push them to restaurants or other businesses. Check "HologramLamp2" and "caferestaurant".

They said that wasn't big enough, so I built a prototype of it using a 14x14" monitor and a pyramid made of food wrap and chopsticks. Then I made a little video of a bird flying around inside it. They were super impressed and now they want move straight into the building phase. Check "Prototype1" and "Prototype2"

They're also still asking about the Peppers Ghost illusion, so I'm going to design a few more itterations of the pyramid illusion and maybe a few Peppers Ghost illusions to try and find something impressive enough, but also within our price range to build. I'll post again when I'm done designing the new models. For now, check out "Hologramtable"

-Tom
Attachments:
open | download - HologramLamp2.jpg (261.8 KB)
open | download - caferestaurant.jpg (541.3 KB)
open | download - Prototype1.jpg (30.6 KB)
open | download - Prototype2.jpg (39.7 KB)
open | download - HologramTable.jpg (146.6 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login