Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to fix mirrored X axis on Prusa i3

Posted by quillford 
How to fix mirrored X axis on Prusa i3
August 12, 2015 01:55AM
My X motor and endstop are on the left of the printer. It homes in the right direction, but prints are mirrored on that axis. Any ideas on how to fix this? A software solution would be preferable (and not mirroring the part in the slicer every print tongue sticking out smiley).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2015 01:56AM by quillford.
Re: How to fix mirrored X axis on Prusa i3
August 12, 2015 04:02AM
Check your wiring again its possible that something isn't correct.
What software are you using and have you tried other software?
August 12, 2015 04:09AM
Wiring is all correct. X endstop is in the X min header, and the firmware is set to home to min. As for software, I use slic3r which is not the issue as I confirmed with gcode.ws. Marlin is the firmware.
August 12, 2015 04:17AM
you can fix in the host program settings, in repetier, set the home to max, or make it home at 200, and not 0, in simplify3d, you can click the mirror image on the X axis.

I fixed it in the marlin firmware. and then set my settings in repetier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2015 04:19AM by pushthatbolder.
August 13, 2015 02:58AM
Does the X axis move in the correct direction when jogging manually?
August 14, 2015 06:51AM
If you are homing to the right then your X axis on your entire printer is resersed.

Is there a reason you want it to home to the right? Can you not just put your endstop onto the left of the X axis and revert to homing in that direction? The homing is a reference to find the origin, putting to the X origin to the right will always mirror your prints.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login