Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Custom button in Pronterface, down 0.05mm?

Posted by Koenig 
Custom button in Pronterface, down 0.05mm?
August 15, 2015 02:23AM
I am rather new to 3D-printing and I would like to add a custom button to Pronterface that make the effector of my delta go down 0.05mm every time I push it.
This is for helping me to calibrate it properly so it needs to be relative movement, meaning it must work both in the center and at the edges.

I have 0.9 degree steppers and 16 tooth pulleys so it should be able to perform the step physically.
Re: Custom button in Pronterface, down 0.05mm?
August 15, 2015 02:51AM
I agree, 0.1mm is too course. I use 0.05mm all the time, which is a standard option on the web interface supported by RepRapFirmware, and I now find I need 0.025mm. I no longer use Pronterface except for debugging, but it is coded in Python and I've patched it before, so it shouldn't be too difficult to change. In the version of Pronterface on my machine, to change the Z movement amounts it looks to me that you need to change lines 27 and 168 in gui/buttons.py, and possibly also line 1468 in prconsole.py.

If you just want a button to move down 0.05mm, first go to Settings->Macros and define a new macro containing the following commands:

G91
G1 Z-0.05
G90

Then click on the + sign and the bottom of the window to add a custom button, telling it to invoke your macro.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2015 02:57AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Custom button in Pronterface, down 0.05mm?
August 15, 2015 03:18AM
dc42
I agree, 0.1mm is too course. I use 0.05mm all the time, which is a standard option on the web interface supported by RepRapFirmware, and I now find I need 0.025mm. I no longer use Pronterface except for debugging, but it is coded in Python and I've patched it before, so it shouldn't be too difficult to change. In the version of Pronterface on my machine, to change the Z movement amounts it looks to me that you need to change lines 27 and 168 in gui/buttons.py, and possibly also line 1468 in prconsole.py.

If you just want a button to move down 0.05mm, first go to Settings->Macros and define a new macro containing the following commands:

G91
G1 Z-0.05
G90

Then click on the + sign and the bottom of the window to add a custom button, telling it to invoke your macro.

Thank you!

I'll go for the macro and custom button because I feel I need the "Down 0.1" as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login