Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If there is anyone know how long does a sla printer use when printing a 30g thing?

Posted by qiaoyifei 
If there is anyone know how long does a sla printer use when printing a 30g thing?
August 25, 2015 03:17AM
I dont have a sla printer,but now i need to know,can anyone help me?
Re: If there is anyone know how long does a sla printer use when printing a 30g thing?
August 25, 2015 04:28AM
That depends on a lot of things including layer height, nozzle size, and shape (which affects the ratio of infill to perimeters). As a very rough guide, one of my standard test pieces weighing 4g takes me about 10 minutes to print in PLA using 0.2mm layer height and a 0.4mm nozzle.

How do you know that your object will weigh 30g? The weight will depend on the percentage infill you use.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
dc42
That depends on a lot of things including layer height, nozzle size, and shape (which affects the ratio of infill to perimeters). As a very rough guide, one of my standard test pieces weighing 4g takes me about 10 minutes to print in PLA using 0.2mm layer height and a 0.4mm nozzle.

How do you know that your object will weigh 30g? The weight will depend on the percentage infill you use.
ok,thank you.I use my makerbot software to get the x3g flie and the information say that it is 30g.I have thought sla printer is much quick than my makerbot,after hearing from you,I am very confused,maybe sla is not quicker than fdm printer???
Re: If there is anyone know how long does a sla printer use when printing a 30g thing?
August 27, 2015 02:39AM
Sorry I somehow missed the SLA bit in the topic title, my printer is FDM. Like you, I would expect SLA to be faster.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
VDX
August 27, 2015 03:24AM
... if it's the standard SLA setup with a scanning UV-laser, then it's the time per layer * (layer count * layer changing time)

As it's drawing the layers geometry with a spot similar to a pen-plotter, the time per layer can be something form seconds (for small, simple parts) to minutes!

The layer changing time is defined by 'drowning' the build in the resin tank and to strip the layer ... can be some (ten) seconds too.

So the overall time can be something between minutes to hours for really high/big parts ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
What about dlp printers... They expose a full layer at a time ...
August 28, 2015 07:29AM
In my experience there's not much difference. Most of the time is taken up by the peel process (or the dip process in the top down variants)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login