Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SAINSMART Mega 2560

Posted by hkraft 
SAINSMART Mega 2560
September 02, 2015 11:17AM
Good day,
I'm using ARDUINO 1.6.5 firmware to upload the sketch on the MEGA 2560 chip....I believe I have uploaded the incorrect sketch, do I need to press the reset button to clear the current sketch, or do I upload the correct sketch which will overwrite the current installed sketch....or, any suggestions will help..
Hendrik
Re: SAINSMART Mega 2560
September 02, 2015 01:15PM
Just upload the new sketch. It will overrwrite the other one.
September 02, 2015 01:22PM
As soon as an Arduino is powered up, it starts to run the sketch loaded onto it. The reset switch simply restarts the Arduino so that it will start running the sketch over again from scratch.

As george4657 mentioned, just upload a new sketch to erase the previous one.
September 03, 2015 04:00AM
All Atmega chips need their reset pin "pressed" to go into programming mode, but usually the onboard electronics does that automatically.
I had only one case where I manually had to press reset for programming. That was a tiny multicopter flight controller with external FTDI adapter with only 4 pins.
-Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2015 04:01AM by o_lampe.
September 03, 2015 08:29AM
Thanks for the correction Olaf. Did not know that.
September 04, 2015 04:58AM
Good day All, especially Olaf;

Thank you for the reply......and your advice came in extremely handy, as I have "re-programmed the mega 2560 and it works fine. I just wish there were a FULL doc or video tutorial for "DUMMIES" (from A to Z) available on the net, (as I have spent days on the net, as there is only bits and pieces of tutorials, which is actually planet UR language to me) to assist a layman like me for setting up a full Mega 2560 R3 and RAMPS 1.4 kit, with a basic generic sketch for a 3D printer available, to enable a "dummy" like me who have absolutely no experience on programming, to do a few tweaks (with the help of the tutorials, of course) to get the system up and running...for instance: I had no clue that U8GLIB had to be included in the sketch for the LCD screen......in South Africa we are way behind 3D technology, so, please be patient, even if "dumb" questions been asked....but, I have eventually figured it out, after downloading a gazillion video tutorials and with days of searching the net and most of the tutorials are for persons with experience........

Kind regards,
Hendrik
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login