Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What nozzle design would the community like to have machined?smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by reifsnyderb 
Re: What nozzle design would the community like to have machined?smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley
September 03, 2010 03:18PM
reifsnyderb, many thanks for support RepRap!! I bought from you my second "Reprap Machined Extruder Parts Kit" while the first one from Makerbot store.

I would like to buy another, more robust, and for me the better and cheaper may be that one you did: test_nozzle.JPG

Can you please sell it to me, 2 units (including 2 of that power resistors if possible)? send me a PM please.

And I am also participating/very interested on RepRap print head -- I hope you can help us for our nozzles and it's a pleasure to get help from someone who is being providing the community with the needed bits for RepRap ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2010 03:23PM by casainho.

---
New cutting edge RepRap electronics, ARM 32 bits @ 100MHz runs RepRap @ 725mm/s:

[www.3dprinting-r2c2.com]
Re: What nozzle design would the community like to have machined?smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley
September 03, 2010 09:34PM
PM Sent.

Regards,

Brian

casainho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> reifsnyderb, many thanks for support RepRap!! I
> bought from you my second "Reprap Machined
> Extruder Parts Kit" while the first one from
> Makerbot store.
>
> I would like to buy another, more robust, and for
> me the better and cheaper may be that one you did:
> test_nozzle.JPG
>
> Can you please sell it to me, 2 units (including 2
> of that power resistors if possible)? send me a PM
> please.
>
> And I am also participating/very interested on
> RepRap print head -- I hope you can help us for
> our nozzles and it's a pleasure to get help from
> someone who is being providing the community with
> the needed bits for RepRap ;-)
September 05, 2010 03:33PM
Having seen the new MakerBot Mark V extruder hot end I'd like to see a design with some of the advantages while using many of the previous design's parts.

What I envision is a stainless-steel-lined-with-PTFE replacement for the Mark III/IV PTFE insulator. The top of the stainless-steel part would be the diameter of the old PTFE insulator. The rest would be turned down to improve its insulating properties.. Drill down from the top for the new PTFE tube. Drill and tapped M6 for the old heater barrel.

The stainless part would eliminate bulges and stripping threads in the old PTFE insulator.
September 05, 2010 09:52PM
Hello,

How about some sort of MK4/5 hot end adapter? Looking at the MK5 hot end, I am not sure as to how well this would be accomplished.

Regards,

Brian

JohnWasser Wrote:
> Having seen the new MakerBot Mark V extruder hot
> end I'd like to see a design with some of the
> advantages while using many of the previous
> design's parts.
>
> What I envision is a
> stainless-steel-lined-with-PTFE replacement for
> the Mark III/IV PTFE insulator. The top of the
> stainless-steel part would be the diameter of the
> old PTFE insulator. The rest would be turned down
> to improve its insulating properties.. Drill down
> from the top for the new PTFE tube. Drill and
> tapped M6 for the old heater barrel.
>
> The stainless part would eliminate bulges and
> stripping threads in the old PTFE insulator.
September 07, 2010 09:34PM
The idea of an adapter would be OK for people who like the Mark 5 design and can spare $100 for the hot end kit (+17.50 for a relay board).

Personally, I don't really like the bottom (heater/nozzle) half of the new Mark 5. The 5 ohm 10 watt resistors are being run at 28.8 watts (almost three times their power rating). Part of the reason you need to dump so much power into the resistors is that they have COOLING FINS where we want insulation. Because of the high power draw you can't use the bare mosfet on the extruder controller to switch it and need a relay. It remains to be seen if the relay can stand to be PWM switched at about 400 Hz (or is it 4,000 Hz?).

reifsnyderb Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How about some sort of MK4/5 hot end adapter?
> Looking at the MK5 hot end, I am not sure as to
> how well this would be accomplished.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login