Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Assembly, stuck on power supply

Posted by Outie 
New Assembly, stuck on power supply
September 27, 2015 04:23PM
I am brand new to 3d printing and there is no one around me that can help so I bought this kit as a shot in the dark to play around. I come from an electrical engineering background.

Kit: HE3D Delta

The kit is a terrible! the instructions are missing many steps, out of order, blurry, different model was shown in the "how to" than what I bought, I have been putting this thing together mostly from a finished picture and kinda filling in the blanks on how I think it goes. I ran into a problem. I have been looking through threads and topics here and found two different pictures on how to wire the motherboard, power supply, fans.

Attached is my project. What goes in the RED? Why is there a power plug (YELLOW)? Do I solder the extruder fan into the GREEN? Where do I hook up the fan that is cooling the filament advance motor?

Edit: My cooling fans are 12vdc and power supply 24vdc
Attachments:
open | download - NCM_0626.JPG (548 KB)
Re: New Assembly, stuck on power supply
September 27, 2015 04:56PM
I looked at the spec for your kit and it states a 12v 7A dc power supply. The power supply is not big enough if you use a heated bed.
September 27, 2015 05:04PM
My power supply is a 24v 10a and a 12v 7a

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 05:06PM by Outie.
September 27, 2015 05:27PM
I didn't see any labels on your pix showing where the 12 volt and the 24v are. 12v power supply neg goes to the outside term of the 4 term green input. 12v + goes the second term from the right. That powers everything but the heat bed. Neg of 24v goes to the third term from the right. 24v + goes to fourth term. That is for the heatbed. Be sure the heatbed is 24v. Extruder heater goes to d10 on the 6 term blue block. Cooling fan for filament to d9 and heatbed to d8. Watch polarity of cooling fan heatbed. Be sure the power supply puts out both 24v and 12v at the same time. Your pix doesn't show it.
September 27, 2015 05:53PM
Thanks Putzer.
Is the voltage plug (cant see but in yellow) not used?
September 27, 2015 06:02PM
Mine is black but it is not used. The main arduino board is used for different things beside 3d printer. they have different boards that plug onto the arduino board depending on the use. they even have a bread board for development.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login