Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Buyer Beware!

Posted by tjnamtiw 
Buyer Beware!
October 05, 2015 07:36PM
This is being covered over in another forum string but I felt it was noteworthy to warn EVERYONE about a possible scam going on at Aliexpress. If you go here << [www.aliexpress.com] >> you'll see an unbelievable price on a printer. A lot of people, sadly including me, have jumped at what appears to be a mistake but probably is a 'sucker born every minute' scam.

What happens is that, after you plunk down your money to this company that has only been in business for a week, you get a message saying that your printer has shipped but they had to use a slower method so they are wanting to refund you $15. Now, you already have 'stolen' the printer so the greed in you jumps at the chance and you follow the procedure to get the reimbursement. The seller is exploiting a flaw in Aliexpress' procedure and once you complete the request for the $15, your order is marked complete. That releases the money from Aliexpress, who was holding it until you told them everything was OK by marking the transaction complete. The seller gets the money and you no longer are protected by their money back guarantee nor can you file any further complaints/disputes.

Ask me how I know...... hot smileyangry smiley
Re: Buyer Beware!
October 05, 2015 08:01PM
Have you notified aliexpress?

I nearly nearly, oh so nearly went for this myself. What happens if you dont accept the refund?

Perhaps all those that got "stung" by this needs to voice their situation here, and Aliexpress needs to be notified of this thread, and also warned that this will damage any custom that comes through this community. Probably not much in the scheme of things to them, but maybe they will listen and take action!

Im sorry to hear this did work out, i really am!
October 05, 2015 08:17PM
Yes, I did notify Aliexpress that this company is abusing their system so that they get paid.
October 07, 2015 01:31PM
Well, I like to live dangerously (and get cheap stuff), so I did order one of these. I too got the $15 refund offer, and politely declined the offer (thanks for posting about that).

Today I got an email from AliExpress saying

We have suspended this seller’s account because we detected unsafe trading activities. All of your pending orders with this seller have been frozen for your security.

We have asked this supplier to provide supporting evidence, such as shipping documents and qualification certificates. If the supplier is unable to provide the evidence or if the evidence is insufficient, we will close the order and process the refund for you within 5 business days (In case of certain circumstance, the processing period may be extended).

smiling smiley
October 08, 2015 02:18AM
Alibaba doesn´t take any responsibility for their own mistake. It´s the seller´s " unsafe trading activities "...angry smiley
Many people, who accepted the 15$ refund will not get their money back, I´m afraid.
-Olaf
October 08, 2015 06:05AM
Hopefully they used a credit card and can dispute the charges then.

o_lampe
Alibaba doesn´t take any responsibility for their own mistake. It´s the seller´s " unsafe trading activities "...angry smiley
Many people, who accepted the 15$ refund will not get their money back, I´m afraid.
-Olaf
October 09, 2015 09:30PM
I don't order anything starting with " Ali" . Aliexpress, Alibabble, Aliwhoknows etc. Or ANYTHING from China. I learned my lesson the hard way yearssss ago. Now I do use China made parts sometimes, but I do not order them from China, I order them from another vendor .
October 10, 2015 05:05AM
Embed
I don't order anything starting with " Ali" . Aliexpress, Alibabble, Aliwhoknows etc. Or ANYTHING from China. I learned my lesson the hard way yearssss ago. Now I do use China made parts sometimes, but I do not order them from China, I order them from another vendor .

Well, in my experience you are the loser.

I have over 30 orders from AliExpress. All but 2 went 100% smoothly and I'm very happy with both the items and the purchase process.

What about the other 2, you say? Well:
  • In the first, the seller did not ship the items in the time specified. AliExpress detected this automatically and automatically issued a full refund immediately
  • In the second, the seller shipped the wrong item. I queried this and AliExpress automatically extended the buyer protection, the seller admitted the mistake and shipped the correct goods
In both, the messages from AliExpress while navigating through their process were informative and clear and I understood the implications of clicking the various options immediately and clearly. You always know when you are accepting the item and therefore losing any further right to dispute etc.

I'm sure it is possible to lose money on AliExpress but, frankly, I think you have to work at it!

Before anyone assumes I have any any connection with AliExpress, I assure you that my only connection is as a buyer / user of the site - one that was initially very sceptical but am now quite happy!

Richard
October 10, 2015 09:49PM
Nothing wrong with AliExpress - they are every bit as good as Ebay in my experience.

Click here to login