Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help with calibration please confused smiley

Posted by Anthong Redbeard 
Need help with calibration please confused smiley
August 29, 2010 09:32AM
Hi, I have built a McWire repstrap (won't defend that choice) and I have techzone electronics / NEMA 23 steppers connected.

I have what I think is my last remaining hurdle... when I tell the host software to step 19mm I only get about 3. I've been messing with the preferences a lot and looking around. I found a few people who did the mcwire build said to set x/y scales at 400steps or 200 steps/mm. Based on the thread pitch and 1.8 degree step 200 makes sense to me.

I'm running the host software on Ubuntu BTW

I wasn't able to find the .reprap/reprap.properties file, but the preferences button menu seems to hold my settings. I can tell some of them will apply because I told it to only have 1 extruder and it trimmed the extruder tabs to 1.

None of my settings seem to matter. I have bene trying all sorts of feed rates, max speed, min speed, scale and I still get the same distance, It seems I can affect the speed.

I have also tried adjusting the pots on the stepper drivers with no effect.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'd love to start printing my Mendel!
thanks.
-Anthong
emt
Re: Need help with calibration please confused smiley
August 29, 2010 12:31PM
Hi

Which Firmware?

Step per mm are usually set in the firmware.

Regards

Ian
August 29, 2010 12:45PM
You need to change the constants in configuration.h and recompile and download the firmware.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
August 29, 2010 12:57PM
It sounds like you will need to start over the configuration of the host software too when you get the steps/mm set correct in the firmware. The .reprap is a hidden folder in your home directory. Click View-show hidden files find the directory and delete the reprap.properties file. It will be generated with the default settings next time you run the Host software. I know it does not like having number of extruders set to 1 for instance.
August 29, 2010 03:17PM
I'm on latest Mendel Firmware, I'm so excited to here that I was doing something wrong! Woohoo can't wait to mess with the formware now thanks a lot!
August 31, 2010 08:17AM
just as a follow up and conclusion: I just had to modify the configuration.h for the firmware for my stuff... about 314 for all axis scales AND in the host software have to tell it to slow down on feedrates
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login