Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 reprap discount smart controller issues?Help please

Posted by tm america 
Ramps 1.4 reprap discount smart controller issues?Help please
October 20, 2015 10:07AM
Ok so i am having some new issues ..I can't get the reprap discount smart controller to work with my ramps 1.4 using marlin firmware with motherboard 33 selected..It compiles and uploads just the lcd doesnt work..I can get the ramps 1.4 to work with a full graphic smart controller and i can get the reprap discount smart controller to work with a megatronics v2.0 ..So i know the hardware is good.. I even tried uploading sketches i know worked with the reprap discount smart controller but it still just shows the top half as boxes and nothing on the bottom..
I am thinking there must be something missing in the pins h file or something to do with the u8glib file being added to the libruary ..I recently updated the arduino ide to 1.6.5.. With previous versions i would just delete the u8glib before uploading for the discount smart controller but it won't let e do that?Also i am not seeing anything in the pins h tht would be for the discount smart controller with a ramps 1.4 ..The questions i have are first where can i get the latest marlin firmware so i can compare it to what i am using to see if something is missing..Also is there a way to remove the u8glib file from the libruary without having to completely remove arduino and reinstall?
Re: Ramps 1.4 reprap discount smart controller issues?Help please
October 22, 2015 12:00AM
There is no need to remove u8glib - I flipped back and forth in test many times, with nothing mlre than changing the #define from REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER to REPRAP_DISCOUNT_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER (or whatever they are spelling wise . . . .). And those should be the only defines you need - they subsequently include all else. If you have screen issues as you describe, and the LCD works elsewhere, have you verified that all traces on the adapter card as well as the RAMPS are good? Tne 16x2 and the graphic don't use the same pins or signalling . . . .

- Tim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login