Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Connecting to the Duet via Putty

Posted by gratefulfrog 
Connecting to the Duet via Putty
October 20, 2015 03:30PM
Hi,

I have been building a reprappro Huxley Duo and wanted to connect to it via USB serial from my Linux pc using the Putty terminal program.

I had no problem connecting via the Arduino IDE Serial monitor, but witht he same config on Putty I get no response, until after a lot of gcode typing, I get a message the gcode buffer is full.

Does anyone have any ideas how to debug this or know of a Putty config that works?

Thanks,
Bob
Re: Connecting to the Duet via Putty
October 20, 2015 04:21PM
Sounds like putty may be sending the wrong line end character to me. Can you configure putty to send CR+LF at the end of a line? Although I think RepRapFirmware is happy with just LF.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 20, 2015 04:48PM
Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried sending CR, then LF, the CR+LF, end even no line end, but nothing had any effect. I did some tests with an Arduino, and putty does indeed send what it is suposed to send, so I am at a loss. I have used Putty a zillion times in many configurations so I really doubt that Putty itself could be the problem.

I can't understand what is wrong.

Cheers,
Bob
October 20, 2015 04:54PM
Are you sending the command characters in upper case, and have you made sure that putty is not adding a parity bit?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

October 20, 2015 05:17PM
Hello again!

Yes, all commands are upper case, and there is no parity bit.

Thanks for the help, but I can't figure it out.

Cheers,
Bob
October 20, 2015 05:27PM
Maybe I'll try it when I get time, but it will be the Windows version.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login