Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UPS for generator supply cleaning.

Posted by GRAYWOLF 
UPS for generator supply cleaning.
October 25, 2015 09:15AM
I have one of theese that needs new batteries (i got it for free)
http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=su1000inet&ISOCountryCode=GB&tab=documentation

I have been reading that an "On-line_ ups is needed on a generator for computers and printers.
is this one suitable?
Re: UPS for generator supply cleaning.
October 25, 2015 10:35AM
That link doesn't work for me.

I have been considering ways of preventing a power failure from destroying a print. What I have in mind is to use a small UPS or SLA battery or supercapacitors to provide backup power for everything except the heated bed, for just a few seconds. My main printer has an AC mains powered heated bed so that is easy. When a power failure is detected, I will trigger the Pause function in RepRapFirmware. This invokes a gcode macro file, which is normally set up to retract a little filament and move the head to the side. I will change it to also save the restore coordinates, file position, feed rate and temperature parameters to flash memory, then shut down. Then I will be able to run a Resume Print macro when power is stable again.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 25, 2015 03:47PM
Its the old APC Su1000 670watt 230 ups.
Try this link http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=su1000inet&ISOCountryCode=GB

But I suspect that it will fail.
October 25, 2015 04:01PM
Sorry, that link gives me a Proxy Error just like the other one did.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 25, 2015 04:42PM
Ok, I having a feeling that its there site thats up the fritz.
October 31, 2015 10:30AM
Just found another in my shed confused smiley this one is a series 300 and is "online"
Just hope that it does have the oomph for the job and the series 1000 is super heavy and expensive to refurbish.
November 01, 2015 07:48AM
It may depend on your generator. I hadn't given it much thought before, but when I happened to try feeding some of my small UPSs from my generator I was disappointed to find it didn't work. It wasn't something I'd planned on doing (I have the generator to power the fridge and furnace), but during the last outage I thought it might be neat to power up the computers. The anguished complaints from the UPS soon changed my mind. I suspect my UPS needs one of those expensive pure sine wave generators.
November 01, 2015 01:55PM
In my case, its only there to act as an expensive rectifier to prevent damage to the printer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login