Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Windows install messing up board connection?

Posted by gmh39 
New Windows install messing up board connection?
November 01, 2015 11:51AM
So I recently finished installing a new SSD in my computer and had to do a clean install of Windows 7 in the process. Prior to the new SSD, my Printrbot Jr was printing great and everything. Now after I can't get the thing to connect. When I try to connect in Repetier Host, the connect button turns green, but nothing comes up in the log noting that it was connected. It also doesn't register the thermistor reading or anything.

I've tried connecting the RAMPS from my CoreXY build and it connects fine and everything.

I've tried installing Arduino drivers, double-checking ports, changing Baud rate, but nothing seems to work.

Anyone had this problem before?

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
Re: New Windows install messing up board connection?
November 01, 2015 06:31PM
Not sure if i've had your exact problem, but when I was trying to get things working, I had the older arduino versions as suggested in countless old threads, and trying to connect from XP, wasnt till I switched to 8.1 and got the latest arduino ide that everything started working. so I can only guess that the latest drivers solved my issue, and not being on XP. So maybe win7 doesnt have required drivers or supporting software?
November 01, 2015 06:45PM
If you have a genuine arduino, download the ftdi drivers, if not, find out what usb to rs232 chip you have on the board and download the appropriate driver. If it's a ftdi clone, either get the driver from the chip maker or use an older ftdi driver v12 or below.
November 03, 2015 10:42AM
figured it out. I guess apparently the printrboard was registering under 2 different com ports (1 and 4) and I was using the wrong one...

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login